The homemade buns, these brioche rolls are so tasty, so light and can be served with a multitude of dishes in sauces, soups, salads but especially for your homemade burgers.
What are Buns
The buns are a recipe for brioche rolls, very simple to make for super soft homemade burgers with a golden crust.
But these buns are also perfect when filled with meat or vegetables.
The easy homemade burger buns
These burger buns are as perfect with a salty or sweet topping as they are sweet, they freeze perfectly so you always have homemade buns available.
And for your homemade hamburgers, after applying the buns, you can sprinkle your buns with sesame seeds or poppy seeds.
Materials and ingredients for this recipe
To realize this recipe of bread rolls you will need these materials:
And on the ingredient side for the buns recipe :
- Dry baker's yeast (or fresh baker's yeast)
- Milk powder
- Flour T45 or T55 flour
- Powdered sugar
- Softened sweet butter
How to make Homemade buns
Make the dough
- Start by placing the dry baker's yeast in warm water for a few minutes.
- Then place the flour, sugar, salt and powdered milk in your stand mixer with the baking hook.
- And mix for a few moments.
- Then add the soft butter and the water containing the dry baker's yeast.
- Knead at medium speed for 10 minutes. (the dough should come away from the vat but remain sticky).
- Finally, remove the dough on a floured work surface.
- And divide it into 6 equal parts. (you can weigh the dough to obtain balls of 90 -100 gr).
- Then form 6 balls of dough with your hands and place them on a baking tray, covered with baking paper or a silicone baking mat.Cover with a tea towel and leave to grow for 1 to 1.5 hours.
For a quick rising, you can use your oven at 122°F / 50°C.
And the balls of dough must double in volume.
- Preheat your oven.
- And apply a layer of egg glaze to your dough balls with a pastry brush.
- Finally, bake for the time indicated in the recipe sheet below until the buns are golden brown.
For filled buns
- Spread the balls of dough with a rolling pin on a floured work surface.
- Then place the round of dough on the palm of one of your hands.
- And with the other hand fill the center of the dough with the filling of your choice.
- Then close the dough by pinching the edges.
- Finally, form a round ball and place on your baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Then apply a layer of egg glaze with a pastry brush.
- Finish by baking the filled buns.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds or poppy seeds your homemade buns!
How to store buns
Homemade buns can be kept at room temperature for 2-3 days, (or if they are filled in the fridge) but I advise you to keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
And for defrosting homemade buns, it is either at room temperature, a few minutes in the oven or in the microwave in defrost mode.
Other buns and rolls recipes
- 25 gr Dry baker's yeast
- 300 ml Warm water
- 500 gr Flour
- 50 g Milk powder
- 50 g Sugar
- 100 g Butter - soft
- 10 g salt
- 1 egg - for gilding
- Dissolve the baker's yeast in warm water.
- In the bowl of your mixer with the hook, place the flour, sugar, salt and powdered milk and mix for a few moments, then add the soft butter and the water containing the yeast.
- Beat at medium speed for about 10 minutes, until the dough comes away from the bowl and forms an elastic but not too sticky ball (if the dough is too sticky add 1-2 tablespoons of flour and continue mixing for a few more minutes).
- Pour a small amount of flour over the dough and place it on your work surface.
- Divide your dough into 6 balls of about 90-100 gr.
- Place the balls of dough on a baking tray covered with baking paper, space each ball sufficiently and cover them with a cloth.
- Let your rolls grow for about 1 to 1h30.
- Preheat your oven to 410°F / 210 °C, beat the egg in a small container and apply a layer of gilding to each ball of dough with a pastry brush and then put it in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.