Blueberry cupcake recipe with blueberry vanilla cupcake base, blueberry compote heart and blueberry frosting (for 12 cupcakes).
Vanilla blueberry cupcakes
- 100 g (1/2 cup) Butter - unsalted and softened
- 150 g (3/4 cup) Sugar - granulated
- 2 Eggs - room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 135 ml (1/2 cup) Buttermilk - or yogurt
- 150 g (1 cup) Cake Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 80 g (1/2 cup) Fresh blueberries - or frozen
- 1/2 tbsp. flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and prepare a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix and sift the dry ingredients, cake flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another large bowl, or in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, place the softened butter and granulated sugar and mix at medium speed until creamy and smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and pulse again at medium speed for 3 minutes until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and buttermilk alternately, mixing each addition with a flexible spatula until smooth and homogeneous.
- Add the blueberries, previously mixed in a small bowl with the flour, and fold in with the spatula.
- Pour the cupcake batter into the cavities of the prepared pan, filling the paper cases 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden on top. (Check doneness by plunging a toothpick into the center of a cupcake; it should come out clean and crumb-free).
- Leave the blueberry cupcakes to cool slightly before removing them from the pan and cooling them completely on a wire rack.
Follow my recipe for blueberry compote, half of which will be used to fill the inside of 12 cupcakes and the other half to make a blueberry puree for the frosting.
Follow my recipe for blueberry mascarpone frosting, keeping the quantities exactly as they are for decorating 12 cupcakes.
- Remove the center of the cupcakes with a cupcake corer and fill with the blueberry mixture.
- Place the blueberry frosting in a large piping bag fitted with a 1B or other decorative tip.
- Decorate the tops of the cupcakes with swirls, then decorate with fresh blueberries.
- Place the blueberry cupcakes in the fridge for 20-30 minutes before serving.
Storage: Up to 3-4 days in the fridge under plastic wrap or in an airtight container. Cupcakes without frosting can be stored up to 3 months in the freezer.
Buttermilk maison: Utiliser la même quantité de lait à laquelle vous ajouterez 1 cuillère à soupe de vinaigre blanc ou du jus de citron.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cupcakes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry cupcakes, lemon blueberry cupcakes, blueberry mascarpone cupcakes