Creamy, light blueberry frosting recipe perfect for filling and decorating your cakes and cupcakes (to decorate 12 cupcakes or fill the inside of a 2 tier 6 inches / 15 cm cake).
- 250 g (1 cup) Mascarpone cheese - cold
- 220 ml (1 cup) Heavy cream - full-fat and cold
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) Blueberry compote
- 3 tbsp. Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Follow my recipe for blueberry compote, dividing the quantity by 2.
- Blend the blueberry compote in a food processor or with a hand blender until smooth and lump-free.
- Strain the blueberry puree through a fine sieve to remove any remaining pieces.
- Leave to cool completely in the fridge before use.
Whip the frosting
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl: cold mascarpone cheese, cold full-fat heavy cream, blueberry purée, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Mix with an electric mixer or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment at medium speed for around 2-3 minutes until thick and smooth.
- Use the blueberry frosting immediately on your cupcakes or cakes, or cover with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge.
Storage: Up to 3-4 days in the fridge, wrapped in plastic wrap or in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Frosting, filling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bluberry frosting, bluebrry whipped cream frosting, blueberry mascarpone frosting