How to make easy brown butter to flavor all your sweet and savory recipes
- 200 g Butter - unsalted or salted
- Place butter cut into equal pieces in a skillet or saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat until the butter is completely melted.
- Stir with a wooden spoon and cook until the butter begins to foam and turn a light brown color and until it smells nutty.
(Be careful not to overcook or it will burn).
- Remove from heat and pour the brown butter into a bowl through a fine sieve to catch any residue.
- Let cool to room temperature to use immediately or cover and store in the fridge.
- Use unsalted butter for sweet recipes like madeleines, financiers, cookies etc.
Or use salted butter for your cooking recipes like making sauces or cooking your meat and fish.
- During cooking, water evaporates so the amount of butter before cooking will not be the same after.
- Let it come back to room temperature to use it immediately in a recipe, or put it in the refrigerator for about 1 week or in the freezer for 3 months.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: cuisine, Dessert, kitchen
- Cuisine: french
Keywords: Beurre noisette, Brown butter