Delicious light and fluffy vanilla chiffon cake recipe made in a 8 - 10 inches / 20 to 25 cm tupe pan or a removable bottom cake pan.
- 7 eggs - room temperature
- 250 g (1 1/2 cup) Sugar - granulated
- 210 g (2 cups) Cake flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt - fine
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Vegetable oil
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) Water
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar - or white vinegar or lemon juice
- Mix together the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder and sift at least twice.
- Place the dry ingredients in a large bowl and add the beaten eggs, vegetable oil, water and vanilla extract and mix with a whisk for about 1-2 minutes until well blended then set aside.
- Place the egg whites in a large container or in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Start beating on medium speed for about 3 to 4 minutes until the whites are bubbly and frothy.
- Add cream of tartar and increase speed to high and beat for about 5 minutes until egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Add 1/4 of the egg whites to the mixture containing all the other ingredients and mix quickly to loosen the mixture.
- Then add the rest of the egg whites and fold in gently with a spatula until you have a smooth mixture without lumps.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F / 165°C and pour the batter into the unlined and ungreased tube pan.
- Run a knife through the batter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake in the oven at half height for about 40 - 50 minutes until golden brown on top. Check for baking with a knife or toothpick by plunging it into the center of the cake - it should come out clean.
- Let the chiffon cake cool completely in its pan and upside down.
- Once cooled, run the blade of a knife along the inside and outside edges of the pan to release it. Remove the bottom of the pan to take out the cake and run the knife again to remove the bottom of the tube cake.
- Place the vanilla chiffon cake on a large plate and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar on top and serve with homemade whipped cream and fresh fruit.
Storage: at room temperature for up to 5 days in a storage box or wrapped in plastic wrap or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Use room temperature ingredients.
- Do not line or grease the cake pan and use a non-stick, removable bottom pan.
- Let cool completely upside down before removing from pan.
- You can replace the cream of tart with the same amount of white vinegar or lemon juice.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Cake, dessert,
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 140.7 mg
- Fat: 12.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.2 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 108.5 mg
Keywords: chiffon cake, vanilla chiffon cake