Recipe of the chocolate pear cake, a fondant cake with whole pears and a dark chocolate topping (For a 10 inch / 25 cm rectangular pan 8-10 parts)
- 50 g (1/3 cup) Cake Flour
- 80 g (1/3 cup) Sugar - granulated
- 100 g (1 cup) Almond meal
- 4 eggs - room temperature
- 120 g (1/2 cup) Butter - unsalted and softened
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder - unsweetened
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) Black coffee
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 150 g (1 cup) Chocolate - semi-sweet
- 3 Fresh pears
- 100 g (2/3 cup) Chocolate - Semi-sweet
- 120 g (1/2 cup) Heavy cream - full-fat
- Preheat your oven to 356°F / 180°C and line a 10 inch / 25 cm long rectangular cake tin with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bain-marie.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl and then add the melted chocolate and butter mixture.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, flour, almond meal, cocoa, yeast and salt.
- Then finish by adding the black coffee.
- Mix until you obtain a homogeneous dough.
- Peel the 3 pears and place them in the cake tin.
- Pour the cake mix into the pan.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes, dip a knife into the cake to check the baking.
- Allow the cake to cool completely and then remove it from the mould and cut it up.
Dark chocolate topping ganache
- Melt the chocolate with the liquid cream in a bain-marie over low heat.
- When the mixture is well liquid, pour it directly on the cake or on each part.
Storage: Up to 2 days at room temperature, 4 days in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: cake, Dessert
- Calories: 331
- Sugar: 15
- Sodium: 100
- Fat: 22
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 8
- Cholesterol: 84
Keywords: chocolate cake, chocolate pear cake, pear cake, pear dessert