You can't resist the pairing of chocolate and pear in this delicious chocolate pear cake with this very easy recipe which is perfect for enjoying the pear season.
Why we love this recipe
This chocolate pear cake with dark chocolate sauce deserves your attention because it is so soft and moist with those delicious melting pears.
Everything we love about a rich, flavorful chocolate cake with these whole pears baked right into the cake during baking.
Don't forget to serve it with its dark chocolate sauce, a little whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and some pecan nuts.
- Super easy recipe to make and perfect to enjoy the pear season.
- The perfect combination of chocolate and fruity and fondant pears.
- Rich in chocolate flavor made with both baking chocolate and cocoa powder with a soft and moist texture
- Its hot dark chocolate sauce is perfect to go with this chocolate and pear cake.
Ingredients for this recipe
Here is an overview of the ingredients needed and possible substitutions to make this delicious pear and chocolate cake at home, scroll down the page to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Flour: Use cake flour if possible or all-purpose wheat flour.
- Sugar: White granulated sugar or flavored sugar like brown sugar or cane sugar.
- Almond meal: Ground almonds or almond flour, which can be replaced by hazelnut meal.
- Eggs: at room temperature, take them out in advance.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter, which should be melted with the chocolate.
- Cocoa powder: Use natural cocoa powder unsweetened to enhance the flavor of the chocolate.
- Black coffee : or lukewarm water, your cake will not taste like coffee.
- Baking powder: to make the cake rise.
- Vanilla and salt: Pure vanilla extract for fragrance and table salt to bring out the flavors of the chocolate.
- Chocolate: Preferably use semi-sweet baking chocolate or chocolate chips.
- Pears: Fresh seasonal and organic pears, no need to use poached pears or canned pears, they will cook in the cake while baking. The pears are used whole or you can put pear slices in the batter directly.
- Chopped nuts: crushed hazelnuts or almonds to add crunch.
- Fruits: Replace the pears with apples or other fresh fruit.
⚠️ You will find the quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
How to make a chocolate and pear cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Start by melting together butter and chopped chocolate in a double boiler until they are completely melted.
- Then in a large mixing bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes until foamy.
- Then add the melted chocolate mixture and incorporate it with the electric mixer into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients, flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt and mix with a spatula to incorporate them.
- Finish by incorporating the black coffee and mix to obtain a smooth and homogeneous preparation.
- First place your pears previously peeled inside the loaf pan.
- Then pour the chocolate cake batter into the loaf pan evenly between the pears.
- Bake the pear chocolate cake in a preheated oven for 30-45 minutes, Check for baking by plunging a toothpick into the center of the cake and letting it come out clean.
- Allow the pear cake to cool completely in the pan before carefully removing from the pan and placing on a serving plate.
- Place the chocolate and heavy cream in a medium bowl and melt in a double boiler over medium heat in a saucepan with a little warmed water.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the chocolate pear cake and serve slice of chocolate and pear cake immediately with a little whipped cream.
Here are some gourmet ideas for serving your chocolate pear cake on a plate with a topping.
- Whipped cream and fresh fruits
- With vanilla ice cream and crushed pecans
- A vanilla custard sauce
- Whipped cream and a raspberry coulis.
Storage and Freeze Instructions
Room temperature: You can keep this chocolate pear cake out of the fridge for 1-2 days in a cool place covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight box.
In the fridge: In the fridge you can keep it a little longer, covered with plastic wrap for 4-5 days.
How to freeze? When completely cooled, store whole or cut into pieces in storage bags for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Defrost: Let it defrost overnight in the fridge.
More pear desserts
More loaf cake recipes
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print