Chocolate pear cake recipe, a chocolate fondant cake with whole pears and dark chocolate topping for a super gourmet dessert.
Easy recipe of the pear chocolate cake
In this chocolate pear cake dessert, the combination of pear and chocolate in a cake together is wonderful!
A melting cake rich in chocolate and melting pears is tasty, all served with a dark chocolate topping.
A pear dessert
- It's a very easy and quick recipe to prepare.
- With very little equipment required
- The perfect marriage of pear and chocolate
- Served with a dark chocolate ganache
Materials and ingredients for this recipe
Few materials are needed for this recipe which makes it a perfect dessert for any occasion!
Here are the materials I used for this chocolate cake:
- loaf cake pan 10 inc / 25 cm long
- Baking paper for easy demolding or baking spray
And for the ingredients:
- Cake flour
- 54% dark chocolate
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Almond meal
- Dark coffee to spice up the taste of full-bodied chocolate.
- Powdered cane sugar preferably and not too much as the fruit is already sweet.
How to make the chocolate pear cake
Preparation of the chocolate cake
- Start by melting together butter and dark chocolate in a bain-marie.
- Then in a large bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs with a whisk.
- Then add the melted chocolate and butter mixture.
- Then add the other ingredients, flour, almond meal, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- Finish by incorporating the black coffee and mix to obtain a smooth and homogeneous preparation.
- Cover a 10 inch / 25 cm loaf cake pan with baking paper.
- And first place your pears inside the cake pan.
- Then pour the chocolate cake batter into the loaf cake pan evenly between the pears.
- Bake the pear chocolate cake in a preheated oven for the time indicated in the recipe sheet.
- And check the baking by dipping the blade of a knife or use a cake tester.
Preparation of the dark chocolate ganache
- Start by breaking the dark chocolate into pieces and place it with the liquid cream in a container and melt in a bain-marie.
- And pour it directly onto the cake to cover it completely or pour it onto the plate on top of the chocolate pear cake slice.
How to store this pear cake
This pear and chocolate cake should preferably be kept in the frigde because it contains fresh fruits.
You can then keep it for up to 5 days in the fridge.
More pear desserts
Chocolate pear cake
- 50 g flour
- 80 g sugar
- 100 g almond meal
- 4 eggs
- 120 g butter - soft
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder - unsweetened
- 50 ml black coffee
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 150 g dark chocolate
Dark chocolate topping ganache
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 120 g liquid cream - whole
- Preheat your oven to 356°F / 180°C and line a 10 inch / 25 cm long rectangular cake tin with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bain-marie.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl and then add the melted chocolate and butter mixture.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, flour, almond meal, cocoa, yeast and salt.
- Then finish by adding the black coffee.
- Mix until you obtain a homogeneous dough.
- Peel the 3 pears and place them in the cake tin.
- Pour the cake mix into the pan.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes, dip a knife into the cake to check the baking.
- Allow the cake to cool completely and then remove it from the mould and cut it up.
Dark chocolate topping ganache
- Melt the chocolate with the liquid cream in a bain-marie over low heat.
- When the mixture is well liquid, pour it directly on the cake or on each part.