Delicious and easy chocolate rolls recipe with a hot chocolate sauce (about 12 little buns)
- 400 g (3 1/4 cups) Flour - all purpose
- 30 g (1/4 cup) Sugar - granulated
- 2 eggs - room temperature
- 8 g (1 1/2 tsp) Instant baker's yeast
- 70 g (1/3 cup) Butter - softened
- 240 ml (1 cup) Milk - lukewarm
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 70 g (1/3 cup) Brown sugar
- 15 g (1/4 cup) Cocoa powder - unsweetened
- 60 g (1/4 cup) Butter - melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 100 g (2/3 cup) Chocolate chips - semi-sweet
- 100 g (4 oz) Baking chocolate - chopped and semi-sweet
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) Heavy cream - full fat
- In a small bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients and add the melted butter and set aside.
Preparation of the brioche dough :
- Dissolve the instant yeast in the lukewarm milk and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Pour the flour, salt, sugar and soft butter into the bowl of your stand mixer with the hook, then add the diluted yeast and the eggs.
- Mix for about 5 to 10 minutes, until the dough comes away from the sides.
- Cover with a tea towel and leave to rise for about 2 hours, the dough should double in volume.
- After the first rise, place the dough on a floured work surface and remove gas by folding it over itself several times.
Assembly and cooking:
- Line a large rectangular baking dish with parchment paper.
- On a baking sheet or a floured worktop, spread the dough into a large rectangle (about 5 mm thick).
- Spread the filling and sprinkle chocolate chips over the entire surface.
- Begin by gently and tightly folding the edges lengthwise and continue rolling the dough across the entire width into a long side.
- Using a knife, cut it into 12 equal parts.
- Place your small pieces of rolled buns in your rectangular baking dish, avoiding sticking them together.
- Let them rise again for about 1 hour (they will double in volume and fill the empty spaces).
- Preheat your oven to 356°F/180°C and bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown
- In a small bowl, place the chopped chocolate and heavy cream and melt in a double boiler.
- Use immediately or reheat in microwave for later use.
Storage: 5 days at room temperature in a storage box with a lid or in the freezer up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: breakfast, Dessert, snack
- Cuisine: american
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 165
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 42
Keywords: chocolate rolls, sweet rolls