The recipe for homemade frangipane, made of almond filling cream and pastry cream, quantity for filling a galette de rois or a tart for 10-12 parts
- 100 g Butter (softened)
- 100 g Almond meal
- 100 g Sugar (or confectionner's sugar)
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 250 ml Milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 eggs yolk
- 20 g sugar
- 22 g cornstach
- In a bowl place all the ingredients, the softened butter cut in pieces with the powdered sugar, the almond meal and the eggs.
- Beat with an electric whisk for about 2 minutes until you have a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
- Cover with cling film and keep in the fridge.
- Place the milk with the scraped vanilla bean in the milk and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and cornstarch for 1 minute.
- Pour in the vanilla bean-free milk gradually while whisking.
- Return the mixture to the pan over medium heat and bring to a boil while whisking constantly.
- At the first boil, continue to cook for another minute.
- Transfer the cream to a rectangular dish and cover with cling film.
- Place in the refrigerator until completely cooled.
- Place the almond cream in a large container with the pastry cream.
- Beat with an electric whisk for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Use immediately or store in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: french
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 11
- Sodium: 81
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 80
Keywords: almond cream, frangipane, pastry cream