Recipe for oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies, soft and chewy with a crunchy edge (for about 12 to 14 cookies)
- 115 g (1/2 cup) Butter - unsalted and softened
- 100 g (1/2 cup) light brown sugar
- 50 g (1/4 cup) Sugar - granulated
- 1 egg - room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract - liquid
- 120 g (3/4 cup) rolled oats
- 130 g (1 cup) All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda - or baking powder
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 150 g (1 cup) chocolate chips - semi-sweet
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl place the softened (not melted) butter cut into pieces with the light brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the liquid vanilla extract and room temperature egg and beat for another minute to incorporate.
- Finish by adding in the wet ingredient the dry ingredients, oatmeal, flour, baking soda and sea salt and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until they are well incorporated and the dough is smooth and a little sticky
- Then add the chocolate chips and stir to incorporate them into the dough. (if it seems too sticky then add a little flour and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes)
- Form cookie dough balls with an ice cream scoop or your hands and place them on the baking sheet covered with parchment paper, making sure to separate them by at least 5 cm.
- Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes (depending on the diameter) until they are golden brown and still a little soft in the center.
- Let them cool completely before moving them.
Storage: 1 week at room temperature in a covered storage box and up to 3 months in the freezer.
You can add with chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries and nuts.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 12
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 16
Keywords: chewy oatemal chocolate chip cookies, Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies