Recipe for Oreo cheesecake cookies, crunchy on the outside, soft in the center and with the flavor of cheesecake (for about 12 - 14 cookies)
- 113 g (4 oz) Cream cheese - Philadelphia not low fat
- 113 g (1 stick) Butter - Unsalted and softened
- 120 g (1/2 cup) Brown sugar - Light brown sugar
- 125 g (1 cup) Flour - Cake Flour or All-purpose
- 1 pinch fleur de sel
- 10 - 12 Oreo cookies - Crushed
- In a large bowl, place the cream cheese with the softened butter and beat with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes until creamy and smooth.
- Add the light brown sugar and vanilla extract and beat again for 1-2 minutes to incorporate.
- Finish by adding the flour, pinch of fleur de sel and crushed Oreo cookies, and mix with a rubber spatula until the cookie batter is smooth and a little sticky.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 min to 1 hour.
- Shape balls of cookie dough with a tablespoon or ice-cream scoop and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, about 5 cm apart.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C and bake the cookies at half-height for around 15-17 minutes, until golden brown around the edges but still a little soft in the center.
- Let the cookies cool a little on the baking sheet before moving them to a cooling rack or plate and letting them cool completely before eating.
Storage: Like dry cookies, these can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for about 1 week.
Add chocolate chips or crushed nuts such as hazelnuts, pecans or macadamia nuts.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: cookies, biscuits
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oreo cheesecake cookies,