Berry pavlova recipe with mascarpone whipped cream (for a 8 inch / 20 cm diameter )
Meringue base :
- 200 g egg whites - at room temperature (about 7)
- 320 g (1 1/3 cup) Sugar - extra-fine powdered
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar or cream of tartar or fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
Mascarpone whipped cream :
- 100 g (4 oz) Mascarpone - cold
- 200 g (2/3 cup) heavy cream - full fat and cold
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh berries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
Pavlova meringue :
- Prepare a sheet of parchment paper and using a large plate draw 1 large circle of 8 inches / 20 cm.
- Place the egg whites and vanilla extra in the bowl of your stand mixer with the whisk attachment and whip on low speed for 5 minutes until the whites form bubbles.
- Then switch to medium speed and pulse again for about 5 minutes until the whites form soft peaks.
- Then switch to low speed and gradually add the powdered sugar a spoonful at a time until it is well dissolved in the egg whites. (for about 10 minutes)
- Once you have incorporated all the sugar, switch to medium speed and mix for another 10 minutes.
- Check to see if the sugar is dissolved by touching the meringue between your fingers, if you still feel grains of sugar, continue mixing for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch, and white vinegar and mix on high speed for 1 - 2 minutes. The meringue should be firm with stiff peaks and shiny.
- Place all the meringue on the baking sheet covered with the parchment paper and shape the pavlova.
- Preheat your oven to 248°F / 120°C and place the pavlova halfway in the oven.
- Lower the temperature to 230°F/110°C and bake for about 90 minutes without opening the oven door.
- At the end of the cooking time, turn off the oven and leave the pavlova in the oven for at least 1 hour or even overnight.
Mascarpone whipped cream :
- Place the heavy cream, confectioner's sugar, mascarpone, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and beat with a hand mixer for about 5 minutes at a slow speed, then gradually increase the speed until you have a stiff cream.
- Place the pavlova carefully on a large plate or serving dish.
- Top with a generous layer of mascarpone whipped cream.
- Decorate with fresh berries or fruits.
- Serve at the last minute with a fruit coulis and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Storage: Pavlova shells can be stored at room temperature under a tea towel or in a storage box away from humidity for several days.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Category: cake, Dessert
- Cuisine: australian
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 48
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 40
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 37
Keywords: berry pavlova, pavlova recipe, pavlova, pavlova mascarpone, easy pavlova recipe, best pavlova recipe,