Recipe creamy and firm raspberry whipped cream frosting for filling, topping and decorating your cakes (to decorate 12 cupcakes or fill the inside of a 6 inches / 15 cm 3-tiers cake).
- 250 g (1 cup - approx 9 oz) Mascarpone cheese - cold
- 220 ml (1 cup) Heavy cream - full-fat and cold
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) Raspberry compote
- 3 tbsp. Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Follow my recipe for homemade raspberry compote (divide the preparation by two to have enough for this recipe).
- Blend the cooled compote in a food processor or blender, then strain through a fine sieve to remove the seeds and obtain a smooth and thick raspberry purée.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl: cold mascarpone, cold heavy cream, raspberry purée, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Mix with an electric mixer or your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment on medium-low speed for about 2-3 minutes, until you have a thick, creamy frosting.
- Use immediately on your cakes or cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
Storage: Up to 3 days in the fridge, wrapped in plastic wrap or in an airtight container.
- Don't use raspberry coulis, as it will make the frosting too runny.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Filling, frosting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: raspberry whipped cream, raspberry frosting, homemade whipped cream with raspberry puree