Recipe for salted caramel chocolate chip cookies, soft and chewy with chocolate chips (for 12 to 14 cookies)
- 120 g ( 1/2 cup or 1 stick + 1tsp) Butter - unsalted and softened
- 100 g (1/2 cup) Sugar - granulated
- 50 g (1/4 cup) Brown sugar
- 1 egg - room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of liquid vanilla
- 220 g (1 1/2 cup) Flour all-purpose
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 140 g (3/4 cup) Chocolate chips
- 80 g Soft salted caramel candy - about 10
- Cut the soft salted caramel candies into small pieces and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, place the softened butter cut into pieces with the sugar and brown sugar.
- Mix with an electric mixer on medium speed or a hand whisk for about 2 to 3 minutes until well blended and smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix again for 1 minute to incorporate.
- Then add the dry ingredients, flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, chocolate chips and soft caramel bits.
- And mix this time with a soft spatula or a wooden spoon until you get a homogeneous and a bit sticky dough.
- Using your hands or an ice cream scoop, form the cookie balls and place them on the baking sheet, leaving a space of about 2 inches / 5 cm between each ball.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for at least 30 minutes - 1 hour or in the freezer for about 12-15 minutes.
Storage: At room temperature for 1 week in a storage box with a lid and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cookies,
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 23.5 g
- Sodium: 227.2 mg
- Fat: 12.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.9 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 37.5 mg
Keywords: salted caramel chocolate chip cookies, toffee chocolate chip cookies