The whipped American Fresh strawberry buttercream recipe is an easy and simple frosting to decorate your cakes and cupcakes (to top 12 cupcakes or fill and decorate a 2 tiers 6 inches/ 15 cm cake).
- 200 g (1 cup) Butter - Unsalted and softened
- 350 g (3 1/4 cups) Powdered sugar - sifted
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) Heavy cream - full-fat
- 40 g (1/4 cup) Strawberry puree
- Place the softened unsalted butter pieces in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat at high speed for 5 minutes, occasionally running a spatula along the sides of the bowl, until creamy, smooth and white.
- Add the sifted powdered sugar in batches, leaving the mixer running at medium speed until it is completely incorporated.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract and beat again at high speed for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the cooled strawberry puree and mix for 2 minutes to incorporate.
- Use the frosting immediately, or place it in the fridge covered with plastic wrap and allow to come to room temperature, then whisk again to use.
Storage: up to 1 week in the fridge under plastic wrap or in an airtight container, up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Buttercream, frosting, icing, fillings
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry buttercream, strawberry frosting, whipped strawberry frosting, strawberry frosting, fresh strawberry buttercream