Delicious, easy strawberry charlotte cake with mascarpone whipped cream frosting and fresh strawberries (for an 7-8 inches/ 18-20 cm cake pan, 8 slices)
- 500 g (4 cups) Fresh strawberries
- 1 packet of ladyfingers biscuits
- Milk for soaking - orange juice or strawberry syrup
- 250 g (1 cup) Mascarpone cheese - cold
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) Heavy cream - full-fat and cold
- 3 tbsp. Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Mascarpone whipped cream frosting
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl: cold mascarpone cheese, cold heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix with an electric mixer at low speed for about 3-4 minutes, until the frosting becomes thick and firm.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge until ready to assemble the cake.
Assemble the cake
- Prepare a pastry ring (or a springform pan) 7-8 inches/ 18-20 cm in diameter.
- Cut the ladyfingers biscuits to the height of the cake pan and soak them lightly on the flat side before placing them on the edge of your pastry ring, pressing them tightly together to form a crown. (Note that it's not the flat part that sticks to the pan)
- Fill the bottom of the pastry ring with a layer of ladyfingers too, filling as many holes as possible with small pieces.
- Apply a layer of mascarpone frosting to completely cover the cookies, then place the strawberries cut in 2 and cover them with a layer of mascarpone frosting.
- Repeat this step, again placing a layer of soaked ladyfingers, a layer of mascarpone frosting, sliced strawberries, and a final layer of mascarpone frosting.
- Place the strawberry Charlotte cake in the fridge for around 3 hours, then carefully unmold, decorate the top with fresh strawberries and serve.
Storage: 3-4 days in the fridge under plastic wrap or in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: cake, dessert
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: strawberry charlotte, strawberry charlotte cake, french strawberry charlotte cake, easy strawberry charlotte cake, ladyfingers cake