A concentrate of homemade strawberry purée made with just 3 ingredients, perfect for flavoring your frosting, and icings, into your cake or cupcakes as filling or to eat by the spoonful (for about 200 g of purée/ 1 cup jar).
- 400 g (2 cups) Strawberries - fresh or frozen
- 40 g (1/4 cup) Sugar - granulated
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Place the whole strawberries in a medium saucepan with the sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, then lower the heat and continue cooking for around 10-15 minutes until you have a thick, puree-like consistency with chunks of strawberries.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Blend the mixture in a food processor or with blender until smooth.
- Strain through a fine sieve if necessary to remove seeds and other residues.
- Place the strawberry purée in a glass jar with a lid and store in the fridge.
Storage: Refrigerate in a jar with a tight-fitting lid for around 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Sugar-free purée: Replace white sugar with maple syrup, honey or agave syrup.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: filling, cream
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry puree, frozen strawberry puree, homemade strawberry puree, pureed strawberries, strawberry puree for cake, how to make strawberry puree, strawberry puree frozen strawberries