Recipe of the smooth and fluffy whipped chocolate ganache frosting perfect for garnishing and decorating all your cakes.
Chocolate ganache :
- 200 g (7 oz) baking chocolate
- 600 g heavy cream
Milk chocolate ganache :
- 200 g (7 oz) milk chocolate
- 400 g heavy cream
White chocolate ganache :
- 200 g (7 oz) white chocolate
- 280 g heavy cream
- Cut the baking chocolate into small pieces or chop it finely with a knife, then place it in a large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler in a saucepan with a little water over medium heat or use your microwave in 20 second increments until it is completely melted and smooth, then set aside. (be careful not to overheat it or it will burn)
- Place half of the full heavy cream in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until simmering then remove from heat.
- Pour the hot cream over the melted chocolate in 3 batches and mix after each addition with a flexible spatula or wooden spoon vigorously until you have a smooth, homogenous ganache (you can run a hand blender through the ganache to smooth it out)
- Then add the other half of the cold heavy cream and mix again to incorporate it.
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight (minimum 6 hours) until completely chilled.
- Transfer the cooled ganache to the bowl of a mixer or the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Whip on medium speed for about 3 to 4 minutes until you have a smooth, firm ganache. (Be careful with the speed and watch the texture carefully to prevent it from graining)
- Use the whipped ganache immediately on your cakes.
Conservation: the ganache can be kept for about 2 days in the refrigerator under a plastic wrap. Once it has been whipped up, it is best to use it immediately as the air bubbles will escape and it will gradually lose its smooth texture.
You can replace half of the heavy cream incorporated cold by mascarpone by adding it when whipping the ganache.
You can flavor the ganache by infusing your flavor into the hot cream.
Finely chop the white chocolate so that it melts more easily.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Frosting, ganache,
- Cuisine: Française
Keywords: whipped ganache, chocolate whipped ganache frosting