This delicious apple pie is the Apple Pie, a sweet dough and a mixture of caramelized apples (6-8 parts for a 9 inch /23 cm diameter pan).
Apple cinamon filling
- 6 Apple (Royal Gala, Pink lady, etc..)
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (liquid )
- 375 g Flour (All purpose)
- 50 g Sugar
- 2 pinch salt
- 250 g butter (cold or iced)
- 80 ml Water (cold)
Make the apple filling
- Peel and chop the apples.
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan, chopped apples, lemon juice, powdered sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Heat the pan over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the apples are softened but still a little firm.
- Let the apple filling cool completely.
Make the pie crust
- Place the dry ingredients, flour, powdered sugar and salt in your food processor and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add the very cold butter cut into pieces to the blender and mix at maximum speed for 1 minute. Until you get a sandy mixture.
- Add the water and mix again at high speed for another minute until you get a not very homogeneous dough with still some pieces of butter visible.
Assembly the apple pie
- Place the dough on a floured work surface and roll it out into 2 discs large enough to cover your pie dish. Place one of the 2 discs in the fridge while you prepare the pie.
- Cover the inside of your pie dish with the disc of dough, it should fall over the edges.
- Fill the inside of the dish with the cooled apple mixture.
- Remove the second disc from the fridge and cut long strips of dough with a pizza cutter (or you can simply cover the pie with the disc of dough without cutting it)
- Decorate by making a lattice (see photos or video).
- Cut out the excess strips and fold over the edges and pinch with your fingers to form a nice border.
- Place your apple pie in the freezer for 30 minutes before baking.
Baking the Apple pie
- Preheat the oven to 392°F / 200 °C and prepare a baking sheet.
- Apply a layer of gilding with a brush on the top of the pie by mixing in a small bowl an egg with 1 tablespoon of milk
- Lower the oven to 350°F/ 180°C and bake the pie for 1 hour until it is golden brown on top.
- Let the pie cool completely before covering and placing in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: cake, Dessert
- Cuisine: american
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 17
- Sodium: 33
- Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 45
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 3
Keywords: apple pie