Recipe for banana bread muffins (for 12 large muffins)
- 110 g (1 stick) butter - melted or softened
- 120 g (1/2 cup) Brown sugar
- 1 egg - large at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 bananas - ripes about 350 g
- 220 g (1 1/2 cups) flour - all-purpose
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ground - optional
- Preheat oven to 428°F / 220°C and prepare a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl mash the bananas with a fork.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, mashed bananas and mix again for 1 minute.
- Mix in the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon ground and salt with a flexible spatula or wooden spoon.
- Fill the paper cups and bake for 5 minutes, then lower the temperature to 392°F/ 200°C and bake for another 18-20 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool completely.
Storage: In a covered storage box for about 1 week at room temperature or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Option: Add chocolate chips or chopped walnuts to the mixture.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: muffins, cake, breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana muffins, banana bread muffins, banana bread muffins recipe