Recipe for homemade chai latte, a black tea and spice drink (2 servings).
- 2 black tea bags
- 1 stick Cinnamon - or 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 Star Anise - Badian
- 10 Cardamom pods or 1/2 teaspoon ground
- 10 Cloves - or 1/2 teaspoon ground
- 1 pinch Nutmeg ground
- 1 Ginger slice - or 1 pinch ground
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 100 ml (1/3 cup) Water
- 400 ml (1 1/3 cup) Milk or plant-based milk
Making the chai tea concentrate
- In a small saucepan place all the ingredients, the 2 black tea bags, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, star anise and liquid vanilla.
- Add the water to the pan and heat the pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve to remove all the spice bits and tea bags.
- Pour the chai tea concentrate into a container with a lid and store in the fridge.
Making the chai tea latte
- Heat the milk in the microwave or in a saucepan.
- Pour the hot milk into a mug and pour about 50 ml of chai concentrate into the milk.
- Place the heavy cream with the powdered sugar in a small bowl and froth with a milk frother.
- Pour the foam into the mug and sprinkle with a little ground cinnamon and enjoy hot.
Conservation : 5 days in the refrigerator in a glass bottle
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: drinks, latte, beverage
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 11
- Sodium: 94
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 8
- Cholesterol: 20
Keywords: chai tea latte, chai latte, vanilla chai latte, tea latte