Discover how to craft the perfect vanilla chai latte at home with this easy and quick recipe. Bursting with authentic flavors from simple ingredients like black tea infused with warm chai spices, sweetened with brown sugar and vanilla, it's the perfect fall treat that's sure to become your favorite drink
Why you'll love this recipe
Discover the delightful chai latte recipe, an Indian-origin beverage cherished for its warm spice flavors and comforting taste, especially beloved during the autumn season.
A hot vanilla Chai tea Latte is a delightful combination of black tea, masala chai spices, milk, and a hint of vanilla. It's loved for its comforting, warm flavors and the perfect balance of sweetness and spice that make it a cozy and favorite drink for any time of the year.
Compared to the traditional Indian recipe where all the ingredients are simmered in a pot, the vanilla chai latte is made simply by brewing black tea bags (or loose-leaf tea) with a blend of spices and then served in a hot drink with steamed milk or in an iced version like the iced vanilla chai latte.
- Cozy Spice Blend: Vanilla chai latte is a delicious drink that offers a comforting blend of warm spices, including cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and ginger, delivering a cozy flavor with every sip.
- Subtle Vanilla Sweetness: The addition of vanilla brings a subtle sweetness to this spiced beverage, striking a perfect balance between the spices' warmth and the smoothness of vanilla.
- Customizable Delight: Tailor your vanilla chai latte to your liking by adjusting the spice levels, sweetness, and your choice of milk, whether it's whole, almond, or any other great options.
- Healthful benefits: Chai latte isn't just about the taste; it also boasts potential health benefits from its spices, including ginger and cinnamon, which are known for their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. preference.
- Fall-Perfect: With its flavors reminiscent of the autumn months, this beverage is great way to warm up on cold days and enjoy its comforting embrace, making it one of your favorite drinks.
More Latte Recipes
Benefits of chai tea
Chai tea, known for its delicious taste, is also celebrated worldwide for its health benefits in traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine, where the blend of spices and herbs has been valued for its healing properties.
- Digestive Aid: Chai contains spices like ginger and cardamom, which are known to help with digestion.
- Antioxidant Boost: Many chai ingredients, such as black tea and cinnamon, are rich in antioxidants. These compounds help protect your cells from damage, strengthen your immune system, and contribute to overall health.
- Stress Relief: Chai often includes black tea, which can have a calming effect on the mind, promoting relaxation and reducing stress.
*You'll find the quantities and full instructions for making this chai tea latte recipe in the recipe card at the end of the page.
- Black tea: Opt for robust black tea varieties like Assam, Ceylon, or Darjeeling to infuse your Chai Latte with rich flavor. Whether you go for tea bags or black tea leaves, it'll affect how your latte tastes.
- Chai spices: For authentic chai flavor, gather ground chai spices which typically include cinnamon (or cinnamon sticks), ginger (or fresh ginger slices), cloves, cardamom, and, optionally, black pepper.
- Sugar: For your preferred level of sweetness, add brown sugar or consider using maple syrup, honey, or any sweetener of your choice.
- Milk: Opt for whole milk or 2% milk or non-dairy milk, unsweetened almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk, oat milk based on your dietary preferences.
- Vanilla: For a hint of sweetness and delightful vanilla flavor, incorporate pure vanilla extract, a vanilla bean, or vanilla syrup to your preference.
- Water: You'll require hot water to infuse the tea and spices.
How to make Vanilla chai latte
Make a chai tea mixture
- Start by preparing the chai latte concentrate that will be used to make the drink. Place the chai tea bags, brown sugar and spices, cinnamon stick, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, star anise, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan.
- Add the water to brew the tea and place over medium heat to boil for about 5 minutes while stirring to combine occasionally during the cooking time.
- Then pour the mixture into a container and strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove all the seeds and tea bags.
Add warm milk
- Heat the milk in a saucepan or in the microwave. (you can also froth the milk to have even more foam)
- Pour the hot milk into a mug to fill it up to ⅔.
- Fill ⅓ of the mug with the heated chai tea mixture.
- Add the cream mousse previously whipped with a milk frother.
- Sprinkle a pinch of ground cinnamon and enjoy hot
Tips for this recipe
- Choose High-Quality Black Tea: Opt for high-quality black tea, preferably loose-leaf or tea bags. The choice of black tea will influence the flavor of your chai latte.
- Use Fresh Spices: If possible, use fresh spices like ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, and nutmeg. You can grate or crush them to release more flavor.
- Steep Adequately: When steeping your tea and spices, let them steep for at least 5 to 7 minutes to achieve a rich and balanced flavor.
- Adjust Sweetness to Your Liking: Add your choice of sweetener to achieve the desired level of sweetness. Brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup are excellent options.
- Use Good-Quality Milk: For a creamy texture, choose whole milk or a vegan alternative like almond milk, coconut milk, or oat milk.
- Froth Your Milk: If you have a milk frother, use it to create a creamy foam on top of your chai latte.
Vanilla iced Chai Latte: Brew a strong chai concentrate and let it cool, then pour it over ice and add cold milk for a refreshing iced chai latte.
Dirty Chai Latte: For a caffeinated twist, add a shot of espresso or strong brewed coffee to your chai latte.
Chocolate Chai Latte: Stir in cocoa powder or add a piece of dark chocolate for a rich and indulgent chocolate chai latte.
Chai Latte Affogato: Pour your chai latte over a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a chai latte affogato, a delightful dessert-like treat.
Pumpkin chai latte: Combine pumpkin spice latte with this chai latte adding pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to your latte like this Pumpkin spice chai tea latte.
Chai Latte Smoothie: Blend your chai latte with ice and a banana for a creamy chai latte smoothie like a banana dates smoothie.
FAQ - Frequently asked questions
Yes, black tea has a small amount of caffeine which makes it a perfect morning wake-up drink.
To make the iced chai latte version with this recipe, use instead cold milk and ice cubes and mix with the chai tea concentrate.
By simply using vegetable milk like almond milk, soy milk, or any other dairy milk of your choice. Also, remove the heavy cream from the recipe and you will have a vegan chai latte.
I suggest you make the concentrated tea ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for a week. Then you will just have to add this preparation to your hot or cold milk to make your tea latte.
As in the majority of latte recipes we use whole milk, which is a fatty cow's milk and that's how we get a nice foam. But you can also use the milk you are used to drinking or even substitute it with a vegan drink like almond milk to make tea lattes.
You will also love
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print