How to make the best cinnamon pie recipe with a sweet and creamy cinnamon vanilla filling on a flaky and buttery pie crust. This easy recipe has all the spicy flavors of fall and is delicisous served with fresh whipped cream.
If you love cinnamon recipes with autumnal flavors, spices and cinnamon like cinnamon pie recipes perfect to warm up in this season and for the upcoming winter.
Then you'll love this perfect cinnamon pie recipe with its sweet and creamy cinnamon and vanilla filling on a crispy and buttery pie crust.
This cinnamon pie has a very similar texture to the pumpkin pie but with a much sweeter and creamier taste and perfectly flavored with cinnamon.
This cinnamon pie recipe has a very creamy and sweet texture very similar to pumpkin pie but with a sweeter taste like a cinnamon flavored cream pie.
It is made with a pie dough that I like to use for my homemade pie recipes that has a flaky texture and is well buttered and crispy much like a puff pastry.
This cinnamon cake is perfect for family moments after a Thanksgiving meal served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Ingrédients pour faire cette tarte
Pie dough is a recipe very similar to shortcrust pastry in its composition, flour, sugar (optional), salt, butter and water. Everything is mixed in a bowl by hand or with a food processor.
You can easily replace the pie dough with a sweet shortcrust pastry or simply with a graham cracker crust or a store bought pie crust.
The cinnamon pie dough shell can be made 1 to 2 days in advance or you can use frozen pie crust.
- Cream cheese: Use full fat cream cheese like Philadelphia brand.
- Sugar: A mixture of white sugar granulated or powdered sugar and flavored sugar such as brown sugar.
- Eggs: At room temperature, they help firm up the texture.
- Cream: Use full-fat heavy cream.
- Flour: or cornstarch.
- Spices: Ground cinnamon and a all spices mix.
- Vanilla extract and salt: Essential for flavoring and bringing out all the flavors.
You will find the quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
How to make Cinnamon Pie
1 - Pie crust
- Place the dry ingredients in a medium bowl, all purpose flour, sugar and salt and mix with a tablespoon.
- Add the chopped, cold butter and mix with the fingertips until you have a sandy mixture with a few small pieces of butter still visible.
- Pour in the cold water and quickly gather the dough into a ball.
- Cover with platic wrap and let rest in the fridge for 20 minutes, or spread between 2 baking sheet of parchment paper and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Line a 9 inch / 22 cm pie plate previously greased with butter with the dough disk.
- Prick the bottom of the pie with a fork.
Tip: Place the pie dish with the pie shell in the freezer while preparing the pie filling. It is not necessary to blind bake the pie crust, the baking time is enough to bake the dough.
2 - Cinnamon filling
- Place cream cheese, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and heavy cream and mix again with electric mixer to incorporate.
Tip: You can mix the filling ingredients with an electric mixer or use a stand mixer to make the mix.
3 - Baking
- Then add the dry ingredients, flour cinnamon alls spice and salt.
- And mix gently with a rubber saptula to incorporate them.
- Pour the pie filling into the pie plate on top of the pie crust.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C and bake the cinnamon pie for about 45 minutes.
- Let the cinnamon pie cool completely before serving warm or cold with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Tip: The cinnamon pie is done when the pie crust and the top of the pie are golden brown, the texture of the filling is quite firm and it will firm up even more after chilling.
Storage and freezing
In the fridge: Cinnamon pie can only be stored in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days under plastic wrap or in a storage box with a lid.
Freezer: You can also freeze the cinnamon pie for up to 3 months in the freezer covered with cling film or in a storage box.
Let it slowly recover in the fridge.
More cinnamon desserts
- Cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing
- Cinnamon rolls with chocolate sauce
- Snickerdoodle cookies
- Kanelbullar - Swedish cinnamon buns
More pie recipes
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print