Indulge in the rich and creamy delight of a traditional Indian Turmeric Latte, also known as Golden Milk. A simple recipe for a comforting and healthful cozy drink made with almond milk infused with ground turmeric, aromatic spices, vanilla, and maple syrup.
This golden milk recipe not only delivers a vibrant golden hue but also brings numerous health benefits to your cozy drink.
What is Golden Milk latte?
Golden Milk Latte, often simply called Golden Milk or turmeric latte is a warm and soothing beverage originating from India. It's made by combining milk with turmeric and other spices like black pepper, ginger, and cinnamon, offering both a comforting taste and potential health benefits.
The golden milk turmeric latte boasts a cozy flavor with earthy turmeric, and gentle spices like ginger and cinnamon, offering a pleasant, slightly sweet taste, all wrapped up in a smooth, creamy texture that's beloved for its comforting appeal.
Golden lattes are celebrated not just for their delightful flavor but also for their immune system-boosting benefits, highly regarded in Ayurvedic medicine, and crafted with simple, high-quality ingredients that often surpass those found in coffee shops.
- Delicious flavor: People love the golden milk latte for its inviting, aromatic flavor.
- Health Benefits: It's appreciated for potential wellness benefits, especially in Ayurvedic practices.
- Quality and Simplicity: Made with simple ingredients, it often beats coffee shop options.
More Latte Recipes
Ingredients and substitutions
*Find the quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
- Turmeric: Use ground turmeric rather than fresh turmeric and organic turmeric when possible.
- Spices: A blend of spice mix like pumpkin pie spice to flavor and sweeten the bitterness of turmeric. A mixture of ground cinnamon and ground or fresh ginger. Add a pinch of black cayenne pepper to bring out the full flavor of turmeric and help it to be absorbed for maximum benefit.
- Sugar: Essential for sweetening, use natural sugar such as maple syrup or honey that goes well with the spices.
- Vanilla: Use pure liquid vanilla extract or seeds from a vanilla bean to flavor this recipe.
- Milk: Use the milk of your choice like regular milk or non-dairy milk like plant-based milk with my unsweetened almond milk recipe, soy milk, oat milk, cashew milk, or full-fat coconut milk like canned coconut milk for a richer, and creamy latte consistency.
How to make the Golden milk Latte
- Step 1: Place the spices, ground turmeric, ground cinnamon and ground ginger in a small saucepan. (optionally a small pinch of black pepper)
- Step 2: Add maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Step 3: Pour over the milk and heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes to let infuse the spices into the mil
- Enjoy! Pour the golden milk latte into your mug and enjoy your warm drink at any time of day.
Turmeric drink variations
- Turmeric Chai Latte: Combine the flavors of turmeric and chai spices like cardamom, cloves, and black tea for a spiced and aromatic variation.
- Golden Milk Smoothie: Blend your turmeric latte with banana, yogurt, and a handful of spinach for a nutritious and refreshing smoothie.
- Iced Turmeric Latte: The iced golden milk version is perfect for summertime drinks. Make the infused turmeric milk recipe and let it cool in a bottle in the fridge. Serve in a tall glass with ice cubes.
- Turmeric espresso latte: In both hot and iced golden milk recipes, you can simply enhance your drink by adding a shot of espresso for a delightful twist.
- Hot chocolate golden latte: A cozy blend of cocoa and the goodness of a golden latte, offering the best of both worlds in one comforting cup.
- Spice Variations: Add cardamom for a sweet and spicy flavor or nutmeg for a warm and aromatic touch.
For optimal freshness, enjoy your Golden Milk Latte immediately. If storing, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days, stirring before reuse. For extended use, store the dry spice mix in a cool, dry place and mix with milk when serving.
Tips for this recipe
- Use Quality Ingredients: High-quality ingredients are essential for better taste and health benefits.
- Use Fresh Spices: Fresh spices have vibrant flavors that enhance the latte's taste.
- Add a Pinch of Black Pepper: Black pepper aids in turmeric absorption for maximum benefits.
- Add a Dash of Coconut Oil: For a richer and creamier beverage, consider adding a dash of coconut oil, which complements the flavors and adds a smooth, velvety texture to your Golden Latte.
- Heat Milk Gently: Avoid boiling to retain spice flavors and nutritional value.
- Whisk or Froth: Achieve creaminess and flavor blending with whisking or frothing with a milk frother.
- Strain: Remove particles for a smoother and enjoyable texture.
FAQ- Frequently Asked Questions
How much turmeric does the latte need?
Typically, a golden latte recipe calls for about ½ to 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder or an equivalent amount of fresh turmeric per serving, but the amount can be adjusted to suit your taste preferences.
Are golden lattes healthy?
Yes, golden lattes are considered healthy due to the potential benefits of turmeric, such as its anti-inflammatory properties, when consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Does turmeric latte have caffeine?
No, turmeric latte, also known as golden milk, is caffeine-free as it doesn't contain coffee or tea.
More Drinks You Love
Did you make this recipe?
Remember to drop a ⭐️ 5-star rating 🙏 and share your thoughts in the comments! Stay updated with more delicious recipes by following @sweetlycakes on Instagram. If you whip up this recipe, make sure to tag me – I'd love to see your creation!Print