This golden milk latte recipe also called turmeric tea latte is a delicious traditional indian drink with a rich and creamy texture. Try this delicious recipe made with almond milk infused with ground turmeric and spices like ground cinnamon, ginger and flavored with vanilla and maple syrup.
In addition to giving it that lovely golden color, turmeric also provides many benefits for the body, one more reason to make this recipe!
What is the golden latte?
Golden milk turmeric latte is a traditional Indian hot drink prepared with a mixture of turmeric spices and cow's milk. It is a very popular and delicious drink because of it's slightly spicy taste and is very creamy and rich texture.
Turmeric powder is widely used in world cooking and is a very appreciated plant for its health benefits. Just mixed with milk that gives it this pretty golden color very typical hence his name of golden milk latte.
Turmeric has a slightly bitter taste and generally we add other spices such as cinnamon and ginger which brings sweetness in addition to vanilla almond milk which adds a delicious flavor.
Is a golden latte healthy?
Like the chai latte which is also an Indian drink, golden milk lattes recipe aka liquid gold is a wonderful recipe, is widely consumed for its nutritional qualities and its medicinal virtues which make it a very popular drink for its health benefits.
And golden milk recipes are very used drink to cure several diseases which makes it a very healthy and perfect recipe to drink every day as a hot drink or as an iced latte as a preventive measure to stay healthy.
Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric is a plant widely used in cooking for its fragrance and coloring properties. It is found a lot in Indian recipes where it often goes with the curry.
This spice has incredible therapeutic qualities for the body and that is why it has been used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicine.
Here are some benefits of regularly eating turmeric:
- Powerful anti-inflammatory properties
- Helps digestive disorders and improves transit
- Anti-oxidant properties
- Treats liver diseases
- Helps prevent cardiovascular disease
- Protects the articulations
Tip: Add a small pinch of black pepper and fresh ginger in combination with turmeric to optimize its effects on the body.
Ingredients et substitutions
Here are the ingredients and options to make a golden milk latte at home, scroll down to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Turmeric: Use ground turmeric rather than fresh turmeric and organic turmeric when possible.
- Spices: A blend of spice mix like pumpkin pie spice to flavor and sweeten the bitterness of turmeric. A mixture of ground cinnamon and fresh or ground ginger. Add a pinch of black cayenne pepper to bring out the full flavor of turmeric and help it to be absorbed for maximum benefit.
- Sugar: Essential for sweetening, use a natural sugar such as maple syrup or honey that goes well with the spices.
- Vanilla: Use pure liquid vanilla extract or seeds from a vanilla bean to flavor this recipe.
- Milk: You can use a dairy free milk or a plant-based drink like unsweetened almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, cashew milk or full fat coconut milk like canned coconut milk for a richer, and creamy latte consistency.
Option: You can add some coconut oil to add fat and a richer texture and a more coconut flavor.
Find the quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
How to make the golden milk latte
- Place the spices, ground turmeric , ground cinnamon and ginger in a small saucepan. (optionally a small pinch of black pepper)
- Also add the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour over the milk and heat over medium high heat for about 5 minutes to let infuse the spices into the milk.
- Pour the golden milk latte into your mug and enjoy hot.
Tip: Be careful not to overheat the milk and spices to preserve all their nutritional qualities.
Turmeric lattes options
Iced Turmeric Latte: The iced golden milk version is perfect for summertime drinks. Make the infused turmeric milk recipe and let it cool in a bottle in the fridge. Serve in a tall glass with ice cubes.
Add espresso coffee: In hot or iced golden milk recipe, simply add an espresso coffee to your drink.
More latte recipes
- Latte macchiato
- Iced vanilla coffee
- Vanilla Chai Latte
- Iced chai latte
- Dalgona coffee
- Healthy pumpkin spice latte
- Homemade chocolate almond milk
- Hot chocolate bombs
- Matcha latte
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print
Golden milk latte recipe
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 mugs
Recipe for golden milk latte, a hot milk infused with turmeric and spices (for 2 glasses)
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch black pepper - optional
- 1 pinch of ground ginger
- 2 tsp maple syrup - or honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 500 ml milk - almond milk or coconut milk
- Place the spices in a small saucepan, ground turmeric, ground cinnamon, ground ginger and black pepper (optional).
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Pour the milk on top and stir with a tablespoon.
- Then heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes without boiling the milk.
- Pour the golden milk latte into your mugs and enjoy!
Storage: about 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
For a creamier drink: use canned coconut milk which is richer and creamier or a mixture with almond milk.
Add coffee: Prepare your usual coffee and add it to your drink.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drink, latte
- Serving Size: 1 mug
- Calories: 74
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 198.2 mg
- Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.5 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Golden milk latte, turmeric milk, turmeric latte, golden latte
Leave a Reply