How to make an easy and delicious hot cocoa mug cake perfect for kids' breakfast. A moist chocolate cake made with hot chocolate cocoa mix and in just 3 minutes in a microwave mug.
Best hot chocolate mug cake
This hot chocolate mug cake recipe is delicious, you get all the goodness of hot cocoa powder in a moist chocolate cake with chocolate chips and individual size in a mug.
Mug cakes recipes are very easy to make at home and are perfect to satisfy any chocolate cake craving at any time of the day or for children's breakfasts as well as older ones.
In addition, the recipe is quick and easy to follow, you only need a mug and a tablespoon to measure out the quantities. But most of all, this hot cocoa mug cake is egg-free and ready in only 3 minutes without turning on your oven!
Just mix all the ingredients together then microwave and add your favorite toppings like mini marshmallows, chocolate sauce, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Hot cocoa mug cake ingredients
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour such as rice flour or oat flour.
- Sugar: Use white granulated sugar or flavored sugar like brown sugar or cane sugar.
- Hot cocoa mix: Sweetened morning cocoa mix like Nesquik or any other brand to add the chocolate flavor.
- Baking powder: To make the cake rise, be careful to measure the quantities.
- Salt: Essential to bring out all the flavors.
- Milk: You can use dairy milk or a plant-based milk drink.
- Vegetable oil: A neutral oil such as sunflower oil or grape seed oil, you can also replace the oil with melted butter.
- Vanilla: Optional for flavoring.
- Chocolate chips: Optional for an extra dose of chocolate.
You will find the quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
How to make the hot cocoa mug cake recipe
1 - Mix the dry ingredients
- Place the dry ingredients into a microwave safe mug, flour, granulated sugar, salt, baking powder and sweetened hot cocoa mix.
- Mix with a tablespoon until well blended.
Tip: Be sure to mix the ingredients well or you may smell salt or baking powder after cooking.
2 - Add the wet ingredients
- Add all liquid ingredients, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Mix with the tablespoon to obtain a homogeneous cake batter.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix again just until incorporated.
3 - Microwave the mug cake
- Cook the mug cake in the microwave for 1 minute to 1 minutes and 30 seconds at maximum power.
- Let it cool a bit and enjoy.
Tip: The cooking time may vary depending on the power of your microwave to find the perfect texture. The less it is cooked, the more moist it will be.
How to serve the Hot chocolate mug cake
Like any chocolate cake, even in single servings you can add extra toppings to your hot cocoa mug cake to make it a delicious snack:
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Mini Marshmallow
- Crunchy, almonds, hazelnuts, etc.
- Red fruits, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries
- A heart of Nutella
More mug cake recipes
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print