Make this delicious banana dates smoothie at home with this easy recipe that's ready in just 5 minutes for a creamy, frosty drink with no added sugar and perfect for breakfast.
This banana date smoothie recipe is a delicious iced drink with a creamy, smooth texture just like my strawberry banana peanut butter smoothie but with the delicious date and banana flavors.
Composed of dates, bananas, vegetable milk, some nuts and seeds and ice cubes, all mixed in a blender until you have a creamy and naturally sweet smoothie with a delicious nutty flavor.
This is a very easy recipe to make at home and easy to adapt to everyone's taste, for a creamy and fresh drink to enjoy for breakfast or at any time of the day.
Why we love this recipe
- Super easy to make and ready in only 5 minutes!
- Healthy recipe, made with natural and healthy ingredients to fill you up with vitamins!
- Natural sweetener, bananas, and dates add natural sweetness.
- Satiating and natural energy drink, with nuts and seeds, perfect for breakfast or after a workout.
Ingredient for this recipe
Here is an overview of the ingredients you will need and possible substitutions to make this delicious banana date shake at home, scroll down to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Dates: Use Medjool dates or Deglet noor dates, that are not too dry and have melting flesh, use more or less dates to have a more or less flavored drink.
- Bananas: You will need ripe bananas, you can also use frozen bananas.
- Milk: Preferably a dairy-free milk like a vegetable drink like unsweetened almond milk, oat milk, or coconut milk. You can replace it with Greek yogurt for an even thicker consistency.
- Nuts: A few nuts provide fiber and protein, such as walnut kernels or almonds, and are perfect for having a banana date smoothie thicker.
- Seeds: Optionally I like to also add some sunflower seeds, hemp seeds or flax seeds and chia seeds for a satiating smoothie.
- Ice cubes: For an ice-cold drink.
- Flavor: I always add a little pure vanilla extract to flavor the smoothie.
- Spices: To flavor the smoothie you can add a pinch of ground cinnamon or ground cardamom.
- Chocolate: For a chocolate version, a bit of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Nut butter: Add a tablespoon of peanut butter, cashew butter or almond butter to flavor your drink.
- Protein powder: You can easily incorporate vanilla protein powder or chocolate protein powder into your drink.
⚠️ You will find the quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
How to make a Healthy date and banana smoothie
- Place all ingredients in the blender bowl, pitted dates, chopped bananas, almonds (or walnut kernels), sunflower seeds and chia seeds, almond milk, vanilla and ice.
- Blend on high speed for about 1-2 minutes until completely smooth and without lumps.
- Serve the dates smoothie in 2 large glasses and serve immediately.
Conservation and tips
The banana date smoothie is best consumed immediately, as the ice cubes will melt and you will have a more liquid and browner drink due to the rapid oxidation of the bananas.
Use frozen banana: cut ripe bananas into pieces and place them in a cooler bag in the freezer to use in your recipes and drinks.
When to drink it? The banana date smoothie is perfect to drink at breakfast before or after a sports session or to break the fast during the month of Ramadan.
Add peanut butter: Use homemade peanut butter to make a delicious version of a banana peanut butter smoothie.
More iced drinks
- Green detox smoothie
- Strawberry banana smoothie
- Vanilla Iced matcha latte
- Iced pumpkin spice latte
- Strawberry banana milkshake
More date recipe
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print