This iced matcha latte drink is as delicious and refreshing as my vanilla iced coffee recipe, with the great taste of matcha green tea. An ultra-simple recipe ready in just 3 minutes, perfect for this summer.
This is my perfect iced matcha latte recipe for this summer, which I like to drink in my garden to break up my busy days as a mother of 4.
If you're not familiar with matcha, it's a green tea powder usually used in traditional Japanese tea, and is used in fabulous recipes such as cakes, muffins and this drink with hot or cold milk, as shown here.
But what makes this iced green tea latte even more popular is the famous Starbucks iced matcha latte that you can get at this coffee shop.
But if you made your own, you'd have a more natural drink, made with high-quality matcha powder and other ingredients and, above all, much less sweet than Starbucks iced matcha lattes.
This drink is as delicious as an iced chai latte or an iced Dalgona coffee, it's refreshing and sweet and above all has many of the health benefits of matcha powder that I'll let you discover in my matcha latte post.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Super-quick, easy recipe in just 3 minutes.
- High-quality, natural ingredients with a ceremonial grade matcha powder, vegetable milk and maple syrup.
- Sweet and flavored with vanilla and a light taste of matcha green tea.
- A refreshing drink with lots of health benefits.
Ingredients you need
Here's an overview of the ingredients and possible solutions for making an iced matcha tea latte at home. Scroll down to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Matcha powder: It's best to use the ceremonial matcha tea grade powder, which is made from young green tea leaves. It gives a more vibrant green color and, above all, a less bitter taste.
- Water: Water is used to dilute the green tea powder. You can use hot or lukewarm water.
- Sugar: Essential for softening the bitterness of green tea, use natural sugar such as maple syrup, honey, or coconut sugar.
- Milk: For the latte version, whichever you prefer, like dairy milk, I prefer almond milk, oat milk, soy milk or with coconut milk.
- Flavoring: As an option, add a little liquid vanilla extract for an even more delicious drink.
⚠️ You'll find quantities and full instructions in the recipe card at the end of this page.
How to make an Iced green tea latte
Make matcha mixture
- Place the matcha green tea powder and hot water in a small bowl.
- Stir with a fork, bamboo matcha whisk, or milk frother until bubbles appear and the powder is completely diluted.
Tip: You can prepare the matcha tea mixture in advance and store it in your fridge for several days.
Make the Iced Matcha
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes, then add vanilla almond milk and maple syrup.
- Pour the matcha green tea powder mixture into the glass over the milk.
- Stir with a straw to make a smooth mixture.
- Enjoy your vanilla matcha iced latte cold.
Strawberry puree: Strawberry Matcha latte with a base of homemade strawberry compote, vanilla flavored and sweetened milk, ice cubes and the matcha powder mixture.
Bubble tea matcha latte: Add bubble tea to the bottom of your glass and add your iced green tea latte recipe.
Iced Matcha frappé latte: Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a blender and mix to create a frappé drink.
A whipped cream topping: For a more indulgent drink, whip cold full-fat heavy cream with a little powdered sugar in an electric mixer to make homemade whipped cream.
Matcha smoothie: Prepare your favorite smoothie like my strawberry banana smoothie by adding matcha powder or with this green detox smoothie recipe.
Matcha milkshake: Try matcha powder in a milkshake like this banana milkshake recipe.
You will also love
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print