How to make a delicious Dalgona iced coffee, a whipped coffee recipe in an iced version as delicious as in coffee shops and as refreshing as my recipe for Iced chai latte perfect for this summer.
If you're already addicted to the whipped coffee known as Dalgona coffee a highly popular Korean coffee recipe, then you absolutely must try this 3-minute iced Dalgona coffee version.
The recipe for Dalgona whipped coffee is a latte drink made with instant coffee and hot milk, but totally different in preparation from a cappuccino or simple coffee latte recipe.
Somewhat similar to frappe coffee or a latte iced coffee, whipped coffee is much more unctuous and indulgent. The instant coffee is mixed with granulated sugar, hot or cold water and whipped to a velvety smooth and firm foam.
And to make whipped coffee in an icy way, we add this whipped coffee mixture to iced milk, with a few ice cubes, the result is a smooth, generous drink with a delicious cold coffee taste that will appeal to all coffee lovers.
Why we love this recipe
- Quick and easy recipe, ready in just 5 minutes.
- Smooth, creamy drink with a delicious coffee taste.
- Perfect for getting your coffee fix and refreshing at the same time!
Ingredients for this recipe
Here's an overview of the ingredients and possible substitutions to make this whipped iced coffee drink at home, scroll down to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Coffee: Use instant coffee or instant chicory such as ricoré.
- Sugar: Preferably granulated white sugar for a firmer foam, or a raw sugar like brown sugar, coconut sugar or Stevia.
- Water: A small amount of cold or hot water to dilute the coffee.
- Milk: Your preferred milk, half-skimmed cow's milk or a dairy-free milk such as almond milk, oat milk, coconut milk or soy milk.
- Ice cubes: Indispensable for making the iced version.
- Spices: for a spicy version, add ground cinnamon, chai spices or pumpkin pie spice mix.
- Vanilla: half a teaspoon of vanilla extract for flavor.
- Cocoa: for a mocha whipped coffee version, add a little cocoa powder to the coffee and some chocolate sauce on top.
- Salted caramel: add a little salted caramel to the coffee mixture to flavor the drink.
⚠️ You will find the quantities and complete recipe instructions at the end of the page.
How to make Whipped Iced Coffee recipe
- Place instant coffee, granulated sugar and water in a medium bowl.
- Mix with a tablespoon to dilute the sugar and coffee in the water.
- Whisk for approx. 1-2 minutes until smooth and voluminous (for small quantities, use a simple milk frother).
Tip: If you don't have a hand mixer, you can put all the ingredients in a small bottle with a lid and mix vigorously until you have a thick foam.
Make the drink
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes, then fill it with your cold milk.
- Spoon the beaten coffee foam over the top of the glass.
- Stir with a spoon or straw to make a smooth drink.
- Enjoy chilled.
Storage and tips
Dalgona iced coffee can be drunk immediately, but the foam mixture can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.
All you have to do is blend it again to use it in your drink with hot or cold milk.
Dilute instant coffee well in water before whipping to avoid undissolved coffee beans in the foam.
How to make a sugar-free iced coffee drink?
Yes, it's possible to make an iced whipped coffee without sugar, but your mousse won't be stable and will quickly fall back into the milk.
What is the difference between Frappe and Dalgona?
The method of preparation is different: in the frappé, all the ingredients are mixed together, including the ice cubes which give a granita-like texture, whereas in the dalgona, just the ice cubes are added.
More iced drinks
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print