If you're in the mood for a refreshing, delicious iced latte, you'll absolutely have to try this caramel Iced coffee recipe, which is just as good as my Iced mocha latte.
Just 3 ingredients to make this delicious homemade iced caramel latte at home, as good as in a coffee shop and perfect for refreshing this summer.
Caramel iced coffee recipe is a delicious iced coffee drink flavored with caramel sauce, a bit like this version of vanilla iced coffee drink but with much more taste.
Prepared with just 3 ingredients, a full-bodied espresso coffee flavored with caramel sauce and served with milk and ice cubes for an ultra-refreshing caramel iced latte drink with a great caramel flavor.
This Iced caramel latte is one of my favorite recipes along with this Iced chai latte, the Iced pumpkin spice latte, or this Iced matcha latte, Iced lattes recipes which are easy find in my local coffee shop and which I no longer buy at Starbucks coffee because they're so much better homemade.
Why we love this recipe
- Easy homemade recipe with just 3 ingredients!
- As good as Starbucks coffee, but in a less sweet version.
- Delicious caramel flavor in an iced coffee latte, perfect for this summer.
Ingredients you need
Here's an overview of the ingredients you'll need and possible substitutions to make this iced caramel latte at home, scroll down for quantities in the recipe card.
- Coffee: Your usual coffee, preferably a full-bodied espresso made with an espresso machine, or filter coffee, decaf coffee, cold brew coffee, or simply instant coffee.
- Caramel sauce: A caramel simple syrup you can easily find in the store, or simply a homemade caramel sauce or this homemade version of salted butter caramel sauce.
- Milk: Your favorite milk, such as dairy milk, whole milk or semi-skimmed (2 % milk), or a neutral vegetable drink like sugar-free almond milk and my homemade almond milk recipe, oat milk, soy milk or coconut milk.
- Ice cubes: Ice cubes or crushed ice for a frappé version.
⚠️ You'll find quantities and full instructions in the recipe card at the end of this page.
How to Make Iced caramel latte recipe
- Make your espresso coffee as usual with your espresso machine or whatever.
- Add the caramel syrup to the slightly hot coffee, stir and allow to cool.
- Decorate a tall glass with caramel sauce drizzled around the edges (optional).
- Fill the glass with ice cubes, then add your cold milk.
- Pour in the cold coffee and caramel mixture and stir to obtain a homogeneous drink.
- Add your whipped cream topping (optional) and pour caramel drizzle on top for decoration or switch with a chocolate syrup
Tip: Prepare your homemade whipped cream by whisking 100 ml ( ½ cup) of heavy cream with a small amount of powdered sugar in an electric mixer until you obtain a thick texture.
Questions and recipe variations
Which coffee should you choose to make homemade iced coffee? In fact, all coffees are perfect for making Iced caramel lattes, But for a more flavorful taste and a better sense of coffee, use at least a very strong espresso, for more flavor, and if you're a coffee lover, it also works with cold-brewed coffee.
Can I use salted butter caramel? Yes, you can. Just stir it into the hot coffee to melt the butter, or heat it slightly to make it more fluid.
A caramel macchiato version: Following my recipe for homemade latte macchiato, iced or not, with caramel syrup.
Caramel Frappuccino: Mix all the ingredients in a blender, then add ice cubes and blend until you have an iced caramel coffee with crushed ice.
Add mascarpone cheese: a creamy mascarpone topping like in this tiramisu latte recipe.
You'll also love
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print