A delicious and easy plant-based drink with homemade chocolate almond milk! It is a very simple recipe to make and perfect for breakfast or for the children's snack.
This homemade milk chocolate is a delicious recipe to enjoy hot for breakfast with cereals or cold as a homemade candy'up for the kids' snack. It is a vegan recipe that does not contain dairy products, prepared with a vegetable drink, cocoa powder and a little sugar.
Vegan Chocolate Drink
If you are trying like me to gradually introduce vegetable milk in the diet of older children. (a little too used to cow's milk for breakfast and snacks)
Then this recipe for homemade chocolate almond milk could be a great ally! In addition to being quick and easy to make, this plant-based chocolate milk is also much better than store-bought milk, which can contain a lot of added sugar.
I use almond milk with no added sugar, which you can buy in your supermarket or try to prepare it yourself. And to flavor it with chocolate, unsweetened powdered cocoa and for sweetness, whole grain sugar.
Ingredients for this recipe
Almond milk is preferred, but you can use the plant-based drink of your choice, such as hazelnut milk or oat milk.
To flavor this plant-based drink use unsweetened powdered cocoa preferably avoid morning chocolate powder.
To sweeten the hot almond milk chocolate use an unrefined sugar such as coconut sugar or another whole grain sugar.
How to make chocolate almond milk
- Heat the almond milk, placing it in a medium sized saucepan and heat over low heat.
- Stir the powdered cocoa and sugar into the almond milk when it is hot and mix with a hand whisk until the sugar is well dissolved.
- Remove the pan of hot chocolate with almond milk from the heat as soon as it starts to boil.
Consume hot immediately or let it come to room temperature and pour into a glass bottle and store in the refrigerator to consume cold.
Homemade chocolate almond milk can be kept in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
Chocolate almond milk
- 500 ml Almond milk
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 40 g sugar - brown or whole sugar
- Start by pouring the almond milk into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Then add the unsweetened cocoa powder and whole sugar.
- Mix with a hand whisk until a homogeneous chocolate drink is obtained.
- As soon as it starts to boil, remove from the heat.
- Transfer to a large glass bottle with a lid.Consume hot or cold.