If you love bananas, then you must try this super creamy and very tasty banana milkshake recipe. Only 3 ingredients to make this delicious drink to share with your family.
This banana milkshake recipe is perfect for all banana lovers, a creamy shake and fresh drink with a good taste of banana and vanilla ice cream with a topping of whipped cream for more deliciousness.
Banana milkshakes are very easy to make at home and this basic recipe has only 3 basic ingredients, fresh or frozen banana, milk and ice cream and the perfect ratio to have a creamy and thick banana shake.
With this recipe you can vary the flavors endlessly, like peanut butter banana milkshake, salted caramel banana milkshake, banana nutella milkshake, chocolate banana milkshake or a classic like strawberry banana milkshake.
Blend it all together in a powerful blender and you'll have an icy, thick and creamy drink with a creamy texture and delicious banana flavor.
Prepare this banana shake recipe at home on any occasion and especially during the hot season, it's perfect for using overripe bananas and it's a good way to get kids to eat fruit.
>> See all milkshake and drink recipes from the blog
Ingredients and substitutions
Here is an overview of the ingredients needed and possible substitutions to make this delicious banana shake drink at home, scroll down to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Banana: Use ripe ones for more flavor and sweetness and you can also use frozen bananas to make this drink.
- Ice cream: Vanilla ice cream is best or chocolate ice cream, strawberry ice cream you can also replace the ice cream with ice cubes.
- Milk: Use dairy milk (semi-skimmed or whole milk) or vegetable milk such as almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk or oat milk. You can add more milk or less milk to get a thicker or thinner texture.
- Nutella: Add a tablespoon of Nutella to make a banana Nutella milk shake.
- Nut butter: Cocoa butter, almond butter to flavor the banana milk shake
- Seeds: Walnut kernels, almonds or sunflower seeds.
- Chocolate: For a chocolate version you can add unsweetened cocoa powder to flavor the drink.
- Cookies: Add pieces of Oreo cookies, biscoff cookies or chocolate chip cookies to the mix for extra indulgence.
- Sugar: No need to add sugar, the banana brings a natural sugar or chooses honey, dates or maple syrup.
- Fruits: Add other fruits, fresh fruits or frozen fruit such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries etc.
- Flavor: Vanilla extract, lemon juice, citrus juice etc.
- Spices: cinnamon ground, gingerbread and other spices
⚠️ You will find the quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
How to make Banana shake
- Place all ingredients, chopped fresh or frozen bananas, slightly softened ice cream scoops, and milk in a blender.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until smooth and frothy.
- Serve the banana milkshake mixture in two large serving glasses or and add a whipped cream topping with sugar sprinkles, caramel sauce or chocolate shavings for decoration.
- Enjoy your banana milkshake cold!
Tip: If you don't have a blender, you can also use a hand blender to mix all the ingredients.
This banana milkshake drink is best consumed immediately as the banana oxidizes very quickly and your drink will turn brown.
Make the banana milk shake at the last minute and enjoy it cold.
- Strawberry milkshake
- Biscoff milkshake
- Oreo Milkshake
More drinks recipes
- Homemade almond milk
- Detox Smoothies
- Green detox juice
- Dalgona coffee (whipped coffee)
- Iced coffee
- Matcha latte
- Pumpkin spice latte
- Chai tea latte
- Iced chai tea latte
- Latte machiatto
- Golden latte
- Hot chocolate and chantillly
- Chocolate almond milk
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 glasses
Recipe for banana milkshake with a very creamy texture and very delicious taste for 2 large glasses.
- 2 Bananas - medium and ripe
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk - dairy milk or vegetable drink, chilled
- 4 scoops (1 cup) Vanilla ice cream - or ice cubes
- Whipped cream and sprinkles for decoration
- Place all ingredients, chopped bananas, cold milk and scoops of vanilla ice cream in the blender bowl.
- Blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes until creamy and frothy without chunks.
- Serve the banana milkshake in two glasses and decorate with whipped cream and sugar sprinkles.
- Enjoy cold.
Storage: Best used immediately or stored in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: drinks, milkshake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana milkshake, banana milk shake, banana shake, banana ice cream shake
Leave a Reply