Ready in just 3 minutes, with strawberries, banana, vanilla ice cream and a delicious whipped cream topping.
Now's the time to take maximum pleasure in fresh fruit, especially in strawberry season, and make this delicious Strawberry Banana milkshake recipe at home.
This classic combo is perfect to make strawberry banana smoothie recipes or in strawberry banana milkshakes, a delicious blend made with fresh or frozen fruit, paired with milk and vanilla ice cream for a thicker shake.
And let's not forget the ultra-light whipped cream topping that makes this drink even more irresistible and perfect for summer refreshment.
Why we love this recipe
- Easy recipe ready in just 3 minutes!
- A perfect blend of banana and strawberry for a fruity drink.
- An icy, ultra-creamy drink perfect for cooling down and enjoying yourself at the same time.
Here's an overview of the ingredients needed and possible substitutions to make this fresh Strawberry Banana shake recipe. Scroll down the page to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Strawberries: You can use fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries, which also work well.
- Banana: Ripe bananas, but not too ripe. You can also use fresh bananas or frozen bananas perfect to use in your milkshake recipes or smoothies.
- Ice cream: Preferably vanilla ice cream, or any other flavor such as coconut ice cream, strawberry ice cream or chocolate ice cream etc., which you can replace with ice cubes if you want to do without ice cream or Greek yogurt or frozen yogurt.
- Milk: Dairy milk or, like me, a plant-based drink such as almond milk, coconut, or oat milk.
- Sugar: As an option, fruit provides a dose of natural sugar, but you can add more for a sweeter drink, such as honey, maple syrup, strawberry syrup or simply granulated sugar.
⚠️ You'll find quantities and full instructions in the recipe card.
How to make Strawberry Banana Milkshake
- Place all the ingredients in the blender: Chopped freshs or frozen strawberries, fresh or frozen banana slices, vanilla ice cream, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Mix on a high-speed blender for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
Tip: Use a powerful blender or your thermomix to make milkshakes.
- Serve the banana-strawberry milkshake in two tall glasses.
- Add a topping of heavy whipping cream on top and sprinkle with sprinkles for fun.
- Enjoy immediately with a straw.
Preserving and recipe variations
In the fridge: Strawberry banana milkshake is best served immediately, as the banana oxidizes quite quickly and the color of the drink will turn brown.
Add other fruits: Fresh or frozen berries, such as blueberries, raspberries, etc.
Add sugar: As an option, you can add a little sugar for a sweeter drink, such as honey or maple syrup, but I find that strawberries and bananas already provide a good dose of natural sugar.
Without ice cream: Ice cream can be replaced by ice cubes or Greek yogurt.
Vegan option: Use non-dairy milk, vegan ice cream, and coconut cream to make the vegan chantilly.
You'll also love
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print