How to make a delicious homemade strawberry milkshake recipe with only 3 ingredients and ready in only 5 minutes. This recipe is very easy to make and is perfect for enjoying the strawberry season and getting a little bit fresher this summer.
Fresh Strawberries Milkshake
This strawberry milkshake recipe is delicious and flavorful with a creamy texture and a taste that reminds of strawberry ice cream.
Strawberry milkshakes are really easy to make at home and with only 3 ingredients, vanilla ice cream, milk and fresh strawberries or even frozen strawberries.
It takes only 5 minutes to make this strawberry shake, and all you need is a good blender to mix all the ingredients together to get a perfect smooth texture.
Just top with whipped cream for extra indulgence and you'll have a refreshing strawberry milkshake perfect for sharing with your family this summer.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Ice cream: use ice cream instead of ice cubes to make a creamy drink.
- Milk: you can use dairy milk or a plant-based drink like almond milk or another neutral-tasting milk like coconut milk.
- Strawberries: fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries or even a mixture of both for a more icy and creamy drink. You can also make a mixture of strawberry and banana.
- Vanilla extract: Optional vanilla extract give a delicious additionnal flavor.
- Sugar: Also optional, between the vanilla ice cream which is already sweet and the natural sugar from the strawberries. But feel free to add sugar like honey or maple syrup
You will find the quantities and instructions in the recipe card further down on this page.
How to make Strawberry Ice Cream Milkshake
- Place chopped strawberries, sugar, vanilla extract, scoops of vanilla ice cream and milk in the blender.
- Blend until smooth on high speed for about 1 minute until all fruit is completely blended.
Tip: Use a tablespoon to check that there are no strawberries chunks left in the bottom, especially if you are using frozen strawberries.
How to serve strawberries shake?
- Pour into glasses your strawberry milkshake.
- Top with whipped cream, and decorate with strawberry slice or mint leaves.
- And enjoy your strawberry milkshake with a straw.
Tip: You can easily replace the strawberries with others fruits like blueberries, raspberries, mango, etc.
Mixer or blender
To make homemade milkshake recipes you will need a good blender, powerful enough to puree all fruits and especially frozen fruits.
This the must have in a kitchen to make milkshakes, smoothies and juices. The blender is generally composed of a base and a pitcher with blades in the bottom that are used to blend the food.
Frequently asked questions about milkshake
The difference between the milkshake and the smoothie is in its composition, the first is much creamier because it is composed mainly of cream while the second contains more fruit.
For a smooth milkshake, use the right amount of ice cream and you can also use some of the frozen fruit for a thicker texture.
You can do this without a blender, just puree the fruit and place it in a shaker or container with a lid and shake vigorously for a good minute to get a smooth mixture.
The milkshake has a good source of calcium through milk and cream. And the fresh fruits bring vitamin C essential for a better immune system function.
More milkshake recipes
More strawberry drinks
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print