How to make strawberry swirl cheesecake recipe served with a strawberry coulis and homemade whipped cream. This recipe is very easy to make and so delicious, with a crispy graham cracker crumbs crust with a very rich and creamy cheesecake mixture and a homemade strawberry sauce swirl on top.
This strawberry swirl cheesecake recipe is a divine dessert to share with your family and perfect to enjoy the strawberry season.
This recipe is just as delicious as my no-bake strawberry cheesecake recipe, especially if you like baked cheesecake with its dense, creamy texture and slightly tart flavor that makes cheesecake so special.
This cheesecake is flavored with a homemade strawberry sauce made with fresh strawberries, but you can also make it with frozen strawberries or even use a commercial strawberry sauce.
Why you'll love this recipe
We find in this dessert this typical Cheesecake texture as in the my favorite New York Cheesecake recipe. In addition, it goes perfectly with fresh strawberries, but it would be wonderful to make it with raspberries or blueberries.
We like its crispy and buttery crust made with graham crackers crumbs that can easily be replaced by biscoff cookies or oreo cookies.
It is made with Philadelphia cream cheese and whole eggs, no extra yolks that will not leave you with any leftovers. Lightly flavored with lemon juice and sour cream that adds an extra tangy taste.
To sweeten it up we serve it with leftover strawberry coulis and homemade whipped cream, which makes it a fabulous dessert to share with your family this summer.
Ingredients and substitutions
Graham cracker crumbs :
- Graham crackers - which you can replace with other shortbread cookies, such as biscoff cookies or Oreo cookies.
- Butter - Use unsalted and melted butter.
Strawberry sauce :
- Strawberries - You can use fresh strawberries to make the homemade coulis, or if you have frozen strawberries, that works too, or you can use a store-bought strawberry sauce.
- Sugar - white granulated sugar or maple syrup to sweeten.
- Cream cheese - Philadelphia cream cheese, not the low-fat version.
- Sugar - white granulated sugar not flavored sugar like brown sugar.
- Eggs - large eggs at room temperature.
- Sour cream - use Greek yogurt as a substitute.
- Lemon juice - squeezed from a fresh untreated lemon.
- Vanilla extract - optional to flavor the cheesecake.
Find the quantities and instructions to make this cheesecake recipe in the recipe card below.
How to make Baked Strawberry Cheesecake
Graham cracker crust
- Place the graham cracker in a blender or food processor and mix until you have very fine crumbs.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or in the microwave, then pour it over the graham cracker crumbs sugar and mix so that is well impregnated with the melted butter.
- Pour into the lined spring form pan and press down with a tablespoon or the bottom of a glass until you have a layer of crust.
- Bake the graham cracker crust in a preheated oven at 350°F / 180°C for 10 minutes and then let cool completely.
Tip: You can bring the crust up to the edges of the springform pan for a more indulgent cheesecake.
- Place strawberries and sugar in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until strawberries are pureed.
- Mix the strawberry puree with a hand mixer to obtain a coulis.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve to remove the seeds and obtain a smooth mixture.
- Set aside and let cool completely.
Tip: You can also make the coulis with frozen strawberries or buy strawberry coulis directly from your supermarket.
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl with granulated sugar and mix with an electric mixer at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes until creamy and smooth.
- While the mixer is running, add the eggs one at a time, previously beaten.
- Add the sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla and mix well until you have a light and fluffy batter.
Tip: Don't mix the cheesecake mixture too quickly to avoid incorporating too much air and having it crack during baking.
- Preheat the oven to 302° F / 150°C and heat water in a saucepan until it boils to bake in a water bath.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the springform pan over the crumbs crust until it is completely covered.
- Pour half strawberry coulis in several places, leaving spaces.
- Run knife blade to make swirls on top.
- Pour the boiling water over the fry pan and bake the strawberry cheesecake on the rack above for about 90 minutes until golden brown on top.
- The cheesecake is ready when it is still a little soft in the center.
- Leave it in the oven with the door open for 1 hour and then let it cool completely to room temperature.
- Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, use a knife to carefully remove the cheesecake from the pan and place it in a serving dish.
- Cut the strawberry swirl cheesecake into slices and serve with the remaining strawberry sauce or a chunky strawberry compote, whipped cream and confectioners' sugar.
Tip: You can fill a pastry bag with the strawberry coulis to distribute the coulis inside the cheesecake.
Tips for this recipe
- Use room temperature ingredients to obtain a smooth mixture.
- Always mix at medium speed to avoid incorporating too much air and avoid cracking during baking.
- Bake the cheesecake in the oven with a water bath to prevent it from drying out and cracking.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool slightly in the oven with the door open to avoid temperature shock and cracking.
- Let the cheesecake cool overnight in the refrigerator before removing from the springform pan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Add small dots of sauce to the top of the cheesecake batter leaving spaces, then with the tip of a knife or toothpick make circular movements to form the swirl.
Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap or in a storage box to keep it fresh for about 5 days.
Let the cheesecake sit overnight in the fridge to let it firm up completely and prevent it from cracking.
Once it is completely cooled, leave it in its pan and cover it with plastic wrap, then place it in the freezer for 3 months.
More Cheesecake Recipes
- No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- No-Bake Biscoff Cheesecake
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Oreo Cheesecake bites
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- Baklava cheesecake
More strawberry recipes
- Strawberry layer cake with diplomat cream
- Strawberry milkshake
- Strawberry coffee cake
- Strawberry fraisier
- Strawberry tart
- Strawberry galette
- Strawberry banana smoothie
- Strawberry macarons
- No bake strawberry cheesecake
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print