If you're already addicted to baked cheesecakes then you absolutely must try this no-bake strawberry cheesecake recipe version that will be one of your favorites.
Why we love this recipe
This dessert has all the makings of a delicious homemade cheesecake recipe, crunchy graham cracker crumbs, and a sweet and delicious strawberry cheesecake filling made with cream cheese such as the famous Philadelphia brand.
You don't even need to turn on your oven to prepare this wonderful dessert and in addition to being easy, it doesn't take any longer to prepare than the usual baked cheesecake recipe.
Served with a lovely mascarpone whipped topping, some fresh strawberries and a strawberry sauce, it makes a perfect dessert to share with your family!
More strawberry desserts
No-bake cheesecake vs baked cheesecake
What are the main differences between baked and no-bake cheesecakes?
Baked cheesecake has a denser, richer and creamier texture, much like ny cheesecake, it is made with egg or yolks that help firm up its texture to give it its hold after baking.
Whereas no-bake cheesecake generally needs gelatin to give it a firm texture without weighing it down too much, which is more like a mousse.
Also, the no-bake cheesecake needs to rest in the fridge for a period of at least 4 hours where the cold will help it firm up its texture.
Ingredients needed for this recipe
Here's an overview of the ingredients you'll need and possible substitutions to make this no-bake strawberry cheesecake with graham crackers, scroll down to see the quantities in the recipe card.
Graham cracker crust :
- Graham crackers: or other digestive biscuits, like biscoff cookies or Oreo cookies.
- Butter: use unsalted and melted butter.
Strawberry cheesecake filling :
- Cream cheese: full-fat room temperature cream cheese with a softened texture. Use full-fat cream cheese and not the light one. You can also replace half the cream cheese with mascarpone cream for a lighter, softer texture.
- Sugar: Use granulated sugar but no flavored sugar like brown sugar.
- Heavy cream: a cold, full-fat heavy whipping cream that will be beaten with the granulated sugar until stiff peaks form then incorporated into the strawberry mixture.
- Strawberry puree: obtained by blending fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries that have been reduced to puree in a saucepan.
- Gelatin: gelatin sheet is a gelling agent that thickens the mixture to give it firmness and hold.
- Vanilla extract: a liquid vanilla extract or vanilla bean seeds to flavor the strawberry cheesecake.
⚠️You will find the quantities and instructions in the recipe card below
How to make Strawberry cheesecake recipe no-bake
1 - Graham cracker crumbs
- Prepare a 8 inch / 20 cm pastry ring or springform pan and line it with cake collar (acetate roll).
- Blend the graham crackers in a food processor or blender until they are fine powder, then place them in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave then pour the melted butter over the graham crackers powder and mix with a tablespoon.
- Pour the mixture into the bottom of your springform pan or pastry ring and pack with the back of a tablespoon or the bottom of a glass until you have a crust.
- Place the prepared crust in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Tip: If you are using a pastry ring then place it on a large plate or in a cake board from the start so you don't have to handle it. And if you use a springform pan then remember to cover the bottom with a sheet of parchment paper to move it more easily when your cheesecake is firm.
2- Mix the strawberries
- Place fresh strawberries in a blender and mix until strawberries are mashed.
- Strain the strawberry puree through a sieve to remove the seeds and chunks.
Tip: To use frozen strawberries, simply heat them in a saucepan over low heat for a few minutes until pureed, let cool completely before using.
3 - Cheesecake filling
- In a large bowl with the hand mixer or in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar at medium speed for about 2 minutes until creamy.
- Add the cold strawberry puree and mix with the electric mixer again until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous consistency.
Tip: Take your cream cheese out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before you start the recipe so that it has a softer texture and blends easily with the other ingredients.
- Add the vanilla extract and cold heavy cream and mix at medium speed for about 3 to 4 minutes until the mixture is thick.
- Finish by incorporating the gelatin leaves previously rehydrated in cold water, wrung out and melted in a saucepan.
Tip: Gelatin must be completely melted before incorporating into the cheesecake. If using powdered gelatin, follow the preparation instructions for incorporating it.
3 - Setting up
- Cut strawberries in half and stick them to the edge of the pan making sure to stick them together so as not to leave any empty space.
- Pour the strawberry cheesecake mixture into the pan, making sure to completely cover the strawberries first and fill in the hollows.
- Smooth the top of the strawberry cheesecake with an angled spatula and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Turn out the no-bake strawberry cheesecake and decorate it with whipping cream and a couple of fresh strawberries.
Tip: Do not let the strawberry cheesecake sit in the freezer as the strawberries may become waterlogged and it will release the water when defrosted.
How to serve this cake
This delicious dessert stands on its own as it is so delicious and creamy but you can always add a few more whipped toppings to make it even more tasty and delicious like :
- Homemade sweetened whipped cream
- Mascarpone whipped cream
- Red fruit coulis, strawberry compote, raspberries etc.
Frequently Asked Question
Yes, and I strongly recommend it, especially to make homemade strawberry puree and you can take some of them in your grocery store for decoration.
If the texture is not firm enough, the cheesecake may not have set enough time in the refrigerator. Or see if you put in the right amount of gelatin. And be careful to gently fold the whipping cream into the mixture.
if the texture is not smooth it is probably because the ingredients were not at the right temperature, the cream cheese has to be well softened and you have to beat it with a whisk until you get a smooth texture.
In the fridge: It can only be kept in the refrigerator, for about 2-3 days under plastic wrap or in an airtight container.
Can we freeze it? With the strawberry rings you can't freeze it because when thawing the strawberries give a lot of water, if you prepare it as a simple cheesecake you can freeze it for 3 months.
Thawing: Place it in the refrigerator and let it thaw overnight.
You will also love
- No-Bake Biscoff Cheesecake
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Oreo Cheesecake bites
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- Baklava cheesecake
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print