How to make the best and easy no-bake strawberry cheesecake recipe with a light strawberry mousse texture and fresh strawberries.
This recipe is very easy to make, with a graham cracker crust base, a creamy strawberry flavored cheesecake filling and a pretty decoration.
This cheesecake recipe is the perfect dessert for this spring and summer season to share with your family or for any occasion like Mother's Day.
The Best No bake Cheesecake
If you're already addicted to baked cheesecake recipes, you won't be able to resist this no-bake cheesecake version!
This dessert has all the makings of a delicious homemade cheesecake recipe, it is made of a crunchy graham cracker crumbs and a sweet and delicious strawberry cheesecake filling made with cream cheese such as the famous Philadelphia brand.
This is a very easy recipe to make at home and you don't even need to turn on your oven to prepare this wonderful dessert. And in addition to being easy, it doesn't take any longer to prepare than the usual baked cheesecake recipe.
Unlike baked cheesecake recipes which have a more dense and rich texture like in my favorite New York style cheesecake recipe.
This no-bake recipe is much lighter with a more mousse-like texture and full of freshness perfect for your summer desserts.
Strawberry cheesecake recipe
This cheesecake recipe is perfect with fresh fruit, as shown here with strawberries, but you can easily replace them with raspberries or berries.
This no-bake strawberry cheesecake recipe is made with a cheesecake filling flavored with an homemade strawberry puree made with fresh strawberries but you can also make it you want with frozen strawberries.
This pretty dessert is set up like a the popular French dessert called the strawberry Fraisier cake with a border of fresh strawberries that makes it perfect for special occasions, such as a birthday or Mother's Day.
Served with a lovely mascarpone whipped cream swirl, some fresh strawberries and a strawberry sauce, it makes a perfect dessert to share with your family!
Ingredients needed for the no-bake strawberry cheesecake recipe
Graham cracker crust :
- Graham cracker: or other digestive biscuits, like biscoff or Oreo cookies.
- Butter: use unsalted and melted butter.
Strawberry cheesecake filling :
- Cream cheese: full fat room temperature cream cheese with a softened texture. Use full fat cream cheese and not the light one. You can also replace half the cream cheese with mascarpone cream for a lighter, softer texture.
- Sugar: Use granulated sugar but no flavored sugar like brown sugar.
- Heavy cream: a cold, full-fat heavy whipping cream that will be beaten with the granulated sugar until stiff peaks form then incorporated into the strawberry mixture.
- Strawberry puree : obtained by blending fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries that have been reduced to a puree in a saucepan.
- Gelatin: gelatin sheet is a gelling agent that thickens the mixture to give it firmness and hold.
- Vanilla extract: a liquid vanilla extract or vanilla bean seeds to flavor the strawberry cheesecake.
You will find the quantities and instructions in the recipe card below
How to make the no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe
1 - Graham cracker crumbs
- Prepare a 8 inch / 20 cm pastry ring or springform pan and line it with cake collar (acetate roll).
- Blend the graham crackers in a food processor or blender until they are fine powder, then place them in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave then pour the melted butter over the graham crackers powder and mix with a tablespoon.
- Pour the mixture into the bottom of your springform pan or pastry ring and pack with the back of a tablespoon or the bottom of a glass until you have a crust.
- Place the prepared crust in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Tip: If you are using a pastry ring then place it on a large plate or in a cake board from the start so you don't have to handle it. And if you use a springform pan then remember to cover the bottom with a sheet of parchment paper to move it more easily when your cheesecake is firm.
2- Mix the strawberries
- Place fresh strawberries in a blender and mix until strawberries are mashed.
- Strain the strawberry puree through a sieve to remove the seeds and chunks.
Tip: To use frozen strawberries, simply heat them in a saucepan over low heat for a few minutes until pureed, let cool completely before using.
3 - Cheesecake filling
- In a large bowl with the hand mixer or in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar at medium speed for about 2 minutes until creamy.
- Add the cold strawberry puree and mix with the electric mixer again until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous consistency.
Tip: Take your cream cheese out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before you start the recipe so that it has a softer texture and blends easily with the other ingredients.
- Add the vanilla extract and cold heavy cream and mix at medium speed for about 3 to 4 minutes until the mixture is thick.
- Finish by incorporating the gelatin leaves previously rehydrated in cold water, wrung out and melted in a saucepan.
Tip: Gelatin must be completely melted before incorporating into the cheesecake. If using powdered gelatin, follow the preparation instructions for incorporating it.
3 - Setting up the strawberry cheesecake
- Cut strawberries in half and stick them to the edge of the pan making sure to stick them together so as not to leave any empty space.
- Pour the strawberry cheesecake mixture into the pan, making sure to completely cover the strawberries first and fill in the hollows.
- Smooth the top of the strawberry cheesecake with an angled spatula and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Turn out the no bake strawberry cheesecake and decorate with whipping cream and a couple of fresh strawberries.
Tip: Do not let the strawberry cheesecake sit in the freezer as the strawberries may become waterlogged and it will release the water when defrosted.
How to serve this no bake strawberry cheesecake
This delicious dessert stands on its own as it is so delicious and creamy but you can always add a few more whipped topping to make it even more tasty and delicious like :
- Home made whipped cream
- Mascarpone whipped cream
- Red fruit coulis, strawberries, raspberries etc.
Frequently asked question about no bake strawberry cheesecake
Yes, and I strongly recommend it, especially to make homemade strawberry puree and you can take some of them in your grocery store for decoration.
If the texture is not firm enough, the cheesecake may not have set enough time in the refrigerator. Or see if you put in the right amount of gelatin. And be careful to gently fold the whipping cream into the mixture.
if the texture is not smooth it is probably because the ingredients were not at the right temperature, the cream cheese has to be well softened and you have to beat it with a whisk until you get a smooth texture.
More no-bake cheesecake recipes
More strawberry recipes
- Strawberry galette rustic tart
- Strawberry swirl cheesecake
- Strawberry mini pavlova recipe
- French Strawberry tart with pastry cream
- Strawberry macarons
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print