How to make homemade strawberry macarons with a delicious whipped white chocolate ganache filling flavored with fresh strawberries sauce. This macaron recipe is perfect for any occasion or as a gift for your loved ones.
If you like all the macaron recipes, these delicate and delicious little treats that can be found in all flavors, then you will not resist these strawberry macarons.
Making macarons recipes are always very intimidating for those new to pastry. They seem difficult to make at home and it's always easier to buy them in the bakery.
But once you start making your own macarons you'll see that in reality you just need to follow a few rules to make them successful and this version of strawberry macaron recipe is perfect to get started.
Find all the fruity flavor of the strawberry in these macarons very easy to make at home with the easiest and simplest technique, the Italian meringue.
These macarons are quick to make, no need to let the macarons shells crust and you will have a pretty necklace that makes all the particularity of macarons.
Colored with strawberry food coloring, these macarons are filled with a delicious strawberry filling, a white chocolate ganache flavored with a fresh strawberry coulis.
Make this delicious strawberry macarons recipe for a birthday, baby shower, wedding or just to treat your loved ones.
Composition of the macarons
For these macarons I use the Italian meringue macaron technique, as opposed to the French macarons method, it is the simplest way because you don't need to let the shells crust before baking.
We make an Italian meringue, by whipping the egg whites in which we pour a syrup made of granulated sugar and water then we whip it for a long time until we have a nice shiny and firm meringue.
The meringue is then incorporated into a mixture of almond flour (or almond meal) and powdered sugar colored with gel food coloring or powder until a shiny paste is obtained which is used to make the shells.
For the strawberry filling, to change from the strawberry buttercream filling and to have a lighter filling, I chose a white chocolate ganache flavored with strawberry and in whipped version to have a smooth and sweet filling.
To make the homemade strawberry sauce, simply blend strawberries in a food processor and strain through a sieve to obtain a smooth coulis.
You will find the quantities and instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
Useful materials to make homemade macarons
- Perforated baking sheets
- Silicone baking mat for macaron
- Disposable pastry bags
- 2 inch/10 mm round tip
- Stand Mixer
- Hand mixer
- Flexible spatula
- Strawberry gel food coloring or powder
How to make strawberry macarons
- Sift together the almond flour and powdered sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the egg whites and mix with a spoon until you have a homogeneous and compact paste.
- Add the food coloring powder and mix again until the mixture is red and set aside.
Tip: You can blend almond flour and powdered sugar together to make a fine, even powder or simply sift them together.
Make the sugar syrup
- In a saucepan put the water with the caster sugar and heat over a low flame.
- Check the temperature of the syrup with a kitchen thermometer, the temperature should rise to 244°F/118°C.
Tip: To make without thermometer, the syrup must form large bubbles without coloring, plunge the fork in the sugar syrup then in a glass of cold water, the syrup must turn into a small ball of hard sugar.
Whip up the Italian meringue
- While the syrup is heating, place the other half of the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Beat at medium speed until the whites begin to foam.
- As soon as the syrup reaches 244°F/118°C, reduce the speed of the stand mixer and pour the syrup over the whites.
- Then start again at high speed and beat until the mixture is shiny and until stiff peaks form.
Tip: You can touch the bottom of the bowl to make sure the Italian meringue is cool. You can add a little cream of tartar to stabilize the whites and have a firm meringue.
Stir in the Italian meringue
- First, add a small amount of Italian meringue to the bowl containing the almond flour and powdered sugar.
- Stir vigorously to loosen the mixture.
- Then gently fold the rest of the Italian meringue with a spatula until the mixture is smooth.
Tip: Make circular movements from the inside to the outside, the mixture should form the famous ribbon of batter by lifting the saptula.
Baking the macarons
- Preheat the oven to 320°F/160°C and line a perforated baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a round tip, pipe a small ball of batter on the lined baking sheet, leaving a space of about 5 cm between each shell.
- Tap the baking sheet on a work surface to release the air bubbles.
- Immediately bake one sheet at a time in the oven for about 13 to 15 minutes without opening the oven door.
- Allow the shells to cool slightly before removing them from the baking sheet, then let them cool completely at room temperature.
- Chop the white chocolate finely in a bowl and place in a large bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan until it simmers.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and add the strawberry coulis.
- Mix with a spatula or wooden spoon until you have a smooth ganache.
- Cover and let cool completely in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.
- When the strawberry ganache is completely cold, add the cold heavy cream and the strawberry flavor (optional)
- With an electric mixer, whip the mixture at medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes until you have a fluffy strawberry ganache.
Assembling the macarons
- Fill a pastry bag with the strawberry ganache.
- Assemble together the shells of the same diameter to form macarons.
- Fill the inside of one shell with the strawberry ganache then cover with a second shell to form the macarons.
- Place the strawberry macaron in the refrigerator for one hour before serving.
Tip: For more flavor, add a heart of strawberry jam or strawberry compote in the center of the macaron.
The macarons with the strawberry ganache can only be stored in the refrigerator for about 2-4 days because the ganache has been whipped and must be kept cold.
You can make the shells ahead of time and keep them in an airtight container for about 1 week.
The macarons can also be frozen perfectly placed in storage bags or a box up to 3 months.
More macaron recipes
More strawberry desserts
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print