Recipe for strawberry macarons with a white chocolate ganache flavored with fresg strawberries sauce (for about twenty macarons)
Macaron shell :
- 100 g (1 cup) almond flour or almond meal
- 100 g (2/3 cup) powdered sugar
- 2 x 38 g egg whites at room temperature - about 2 + 2 tbsp
- 100 g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 25 ml ( 1 2/3 tbsp) water
- 130 g ( 4,6 oz) white chocolate
- 50 g (1/4 cup) strawberry coulis
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) heavy cream - full fat
- 1 tsp strawberry flavoring - optional
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) heavy cream - full fat and cold
- Preheat the oven to 320°F / 160°C and line a baking sheet with baking paper or a special silicone baking mat for macarons.
- Start by sifting together the almond flour and powdered sugar and place in a large bowl.
- Add the first part of egg whites and mix vigorously with a spoon until smooth.
- Then add the strawberry red food coloring powder and mix again until you have a compact red mixture and set aside.
- Place the water and caster sugar in a saucepan and heat over medium heat while checking the temperature with a cooking thermometer. The sugar syrup should reach a temperature of 244°F / 118°C.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining egg whites in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and start beating the whites at medium slow speed until they are frothy and almost snowy.
- When the thermometer reads 244°F / 118°C, remove the sugar syrup from the heat, turn the mixer down to low speed and drizzle the syrup over the egg whites.
- Then continue mixing at high speed until the meringue is white, shiny and forms stiff peaks (and has cooled).
- Add a small amount of the Italian meringue to the bowl containing the almond flour and powdered sugar mixture and mix quickly to loosen the mixture.
- Add the rest of the Italian meringue and mix with a flexible spatula, making circular movements from the inside to the edges, until the mixture is homogeneous and forms the famous ribbon of paste when you lift the spatula.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a 2 inch / 10 mm round tip with all the macaron mixture.
- Poach balls of batter onto the baking sheet covered with baking paper, leaving a space of about 5 cm between each macaron shell.
- Gently tap the baking sheet on the work surface to release the air bubbles, then bake in the oven at half-height for about 13-15 minutes without opening the oven door.
- Remove the macaron shells and let them cool a little before peeling them off and letting them cool completely on the work surface.
- Chop the white chocolate and place it in a medium bowl.
- Place the heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat and heat until it simmers.
- Pour the hot cream over the white chocolate and add the strawberry coulis and mix with a spatula until well melted and homogeneous.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for about 4 to 6 hours until completely chilled.
- Add the cold heavy cream to the cooled ganache and beat with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes at medium speed until smooth.
Assembly of macarons
- Fill a pastry bag with the whipped strawberry ganache.
- Assemble the shells together to form macarons according to the diameters.
- Fill the inside of one macaron shell with the ganache and close with a second shell.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour before serving and enjoying.
Conservation : Macarons can only be kept in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: cookies, macarons
- Cuisine: Française
- Serving Size: 1 macaron
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 14.1 g
- Sodium: 13.5 mg
- Fat: 4.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.1 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 5.7 mg
Keywords: strawberry macarons, macarons with strawberry