How to make this delicious easy no bake Oreo cheesecake recipe. A perfect no bake cheesecake made of a crispy Oreo cookie crust, a creamy cheesecake filling with crushed Oreos, and served with a vanilla mascarpone whipped topping.
Best Oreo cheesecake
This easy no bake Oreo cheesecake recipe is ultra indulgent and so easy to make at home. Yes you don't have to bake so you don't need an oven to make this fabulous dessert!
It is a dessert full of freshness and light with a good taste that will satisfy all Oreo cookie lovers. If you like creamy cheesecakes recipes, you must try this recipe, you will love this no-bake cheesecake.
Like no-bake cheesecake, the cream has a divine light mousse-like consistency. With the perfect taste of cream cheese slightly tangy added to heavy whipping cream which gives it this light and unctuous texture.
Some crushed Oreos cookies chunks to add crispness to the cheesecake filling on a delicious base of Oreo cookies crust.
This easy no-bake oreo cheesecake recipe is a truly perfect dessert for any occasion, like a birthday cake. Served here with an easy to make mascarpone whipped topping and whole pieces of oreo cookies to decorate this dessert.
This is a really easy recipe to make that just requires a little bit of resting time about 4 hours only. You can easily make it ahead of time or store it in the freezer.
But most importantly It's a delicious dessert that everyone at home loves and it's impossible to resist having just one slice of no bake Oreo cheesecake.
Easy No bake cheesecake
No bake cheesecake recipe has a much lighter texture than baked cheesecake recipe, which is rather dense and creamy. But both versions have one thing in common, they are made with cream cheese.
It is a slightly salty, cream cheese with a mildly acidic taste, the same one that is used to make the famous cream cheese frosting found in the cinnamon rolls recipe as a topping or to fill the carrot cake recipe.
What makes the texture of a baked cheesecake firm is the addition of egg which helps firm up. To achieve a stiff consistency, some recipes contain gelatin to help firm up the texture.
Here it is the combination of cream cheese and whipped cream that will create a stable base for this cheesecake recipe. That's why it's important to use the right amount of ingredients and not to use low-fat ingredients.
What you need for this recipe
- Oreo cookies: For the crispy base use the classic oreos cookies and you can even replace them with other cookies, like chocolate chip cookies or biscoff cookies.
- Butter: Use unsalted, melted butter.
- Cream cheese: The best known brand for cheesecake is Philadelphia, take the full fat and not the light version. Take the cream cheese out in advance so that it is at room temperature and the mixture is well blended.
- Sugar: A white granulated sugar do not use flavored sugar.
- Vanilla extract: Pure liquid vanilla extract or the seeds of a vanilla bean.
- Heavy cream: You can use heavy cream or heavy whipping cream as long as you have a minimum of 30% fat. And it must also be cold for this recipe.
Try this recipe for triple chocolate cheesecake, which is also made with an Oreos cookie base.
How to make this Oreo cheesecake recipe
- Blend Oreo cookies in a food processor or place them in a plastic bag and beat them with a rolling pin to make a very fine meal.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or in a saucepan until you have a melted butter.
- Then place the mixed oreo cookies in a medium bowl and pour the melted butter over them.
- Mix with a tablespoon until the mixture is smooth and that the cookies are well impregnated with melted butter.
- Then pour the oreo crust mixture into a pastry circle or a springform pan lined with parchment paper.
- Press with the back of a tablespoon or the bottom of a glass until you have a thin layer of Oreo cookies crust.
- Place the springform with the cookies crust in the refrigerator while preparing the Oreo cheesecake batter.
Tip: You can also bring the cookie crust up to the edges for a crisper no-bake Oreo cheesecake.
3 tips for a perfect crust
- The cookies need to be ground into a very fine meal to make a nice, even, smooth layer.
- Mix the butter and the cookies well so that they are well impregnated, the butter will moisten the cookies which will help to rebuild a cookie base.
- Press the mixture well into the bottom of the springform pan, I advise you to use the bottom of a glass to firmly compact the mixture.
Oreo cream cheese filling
- Place room temperature cream cheese sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Mix with an hand mixer for about 1-2 minutes until smooth and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cold heavy whipping cream with an hand mixer until stiff.
- Prepare the cookie chunks by crushing them in a plastic bag until they are small but not too big.
- Add whipped cream and crushed cookies to the cream cheese sugar mixture, gently folding in with a flexible spatula until smooth.
Tip: Be sure to fold in the whipped cream and crushed cookies with a spatula to prevent the cream from dropping and to maintain a smooth mousse-like texture.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the springform pan or pastry circle over the reconstituted cookie crust and smooth the top with an angled spatula.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight oreo cheesecake in the refrigerator.
Tip: You can place the no bake cheesecake in the freezer to reduce the resting time by 2.
Vanilla mascarpone whipped topping
- Place the cold heavy cream with the cold mascarpone, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
- With an electric mixer beat on medium speed for about 2-3 minutes until stiff.
- Decorate the no-bake Oreo cheesecake with vanilla mascarpone whipped cream using a piping bag and a decorating tip.
- Sprinkle a few crushed cookies over the cake and enjoy!
Replace the vanilla whipped topping recipe with chocolate mascarpone whipped cream to decorate your Oreo cheesecake.
How to serve your cheesecake
The no bake oreo cheesecake recipe was already quite indulgent with the whipped topping, but you can add even more flavor and make it an amazing dessert by adding :
- Chocolate ganache sauce
- Salted caramel sauce
- Red fruit coulis
How to store and freeze
- In the fridge: This no bake Oreo cheesecake can be stored in the refrigerator for about 5 days. Do not leave it at room temperature and always keep it cold.
- In the freezer: You can also keep cheesecake recipes for a long time or make it in ahead of time by storing it in your freezer at the end of the preparation. You can keep it for up to 3 months and to defrost it, just place it in the refrigerator to let it slowly recover.
Frequently asked question about no bake cheesecake
After the resting time, run a clean knife around the edge of the cheesecake pan to loosen it. And if you used a springform pan it should come out quickly.
Did you use the right ingredients, full fat and the right proportions? If so, let it sit for the time indicated or even overnight in the refrigerator.
More no-bake cheesecakes
More Oreo recipes
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print