In my baked cheesecake recipes and other no-bake desserts, Oreo cookie crust pie is a must, with its delicious, crunchy texture and chocolate taste that goes well with all flavors.
But they're especially incredible as a crust base in desserts, as in this chocolate ganache cheesecake or in no-bake pies, to bring a layer of crunch with the delicious taste of Oreo cookies.
Made with just 2 ingredients, Oreo crumbs and melted butter, it's a very easy and no-bake recipe to make, and much better than the ready-to-fill Oreo pie crust pie which will cost you more than my Oreo cookie pie crust recipe with no added sugar.
Why you love this recipe
- Easy to make with this step-by-step recipe and my tips for success.
- No-bake crust for a quick preparation perfect for bake-off or no-bake desserts.
- A crunchy layer and all the tastes of Oreo cookies to match all flavors.
- Oreo: Classic Oreo cookies for this recipe or golden Oreo cookies for a golden Oreo crust, peanut butter Oreos for a Peanut butter Oreo crust.
- Butter: Use salted or unsalted butter, it's up to you, I prefer to use unsalted butter and it should be melted, not just softened.
- Sugar: This is optional-I never add sugar to my pie crusts because I find the cookies are sweet enough and the fillings are generally quite sweet.
⚠️ You'll find quantities and full instructions in the recipe card at the end of this page.
How to Make Homemade Oreo pie crust recipe
- Place whole Oreo cookies in a food processor or blender.
- Blend at maximum speed until Oreo cookies are fine crumbs without chunks.
Tip: If you don't have a food processor, you can make this oreo cookie crust recipe by placing the cookies in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin until you have a fine, lump-free powder.
Add melted butter
- Melt the butter in the microwave or in a saucepan until completely melted.
- Then add it to the Oreo cookie crumbs and stir with a spoon until the mixture is smooth and the cookies are well impregnated with the butter.
Shaping your crust
Whether you'd like a simple layer of crust, or one with rising edges, follow this easy technique using just a tablespoon and the bottom of a glass (or a measuring cup).
- Pour all the Oreo crust mixture into the bottom of your springform pan or pie plate.
- Press the Oreo crust mixture down with the back of a tablespoon, starting at the bottom of the pan and working out to the edges.
- Place the Oreo crust in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before adding your final cream filling.
Tip: For a cheesecake crust or Oreo tart crust, I recommend lining the bottom of the pan with parchment paper to make unmolding easier.
How to make a baked crust?: Baking gives a more crunchier crust, but like a simple pie crust, it may be distorted during baking. It's not essential to bake the Oreo tart crust, but if you want to do it anyway, I recommend freezing it before baking for 10 minutes at 350°F/180°C and let cool completely before adding your pie filling.
Recipe with this crust
Here are a handful of ideas for using this perfect Oreo pie crust recipe in your homemade baked goods and desserts.
- Ice cream pie
- No-bake Oreo pie
- Baked or no-bake cheesecake recipes
- Mini cheesecakes like this Mini Oreo cheesecake bites
Storage and Tips for this recipe
Storage : Prepared crust Can be stored in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months before adding your filling.
Finely blend the Oreo cookies, the more fine the crumb, the more compact and smooth will be the crust.
Mix the cookie crumbs well with the melted butter, the cookie crumbs should be well impregnated with the butter to prevent crumbling.
Press down with a tablespoon, starting at the bottom and working up the crumbs to the edges. Finish with a flat-bottomed glass to pack the crust down and get the right angles.
Leave the crust to harden in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before adding your filling.
You will also love
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print