How to make the best Oreo chocolate chip cookies with this easy and delicious recipe. These cookies are soft and chewy in the center with crispy edges and full of crushed Oreo cookies.
If you love chewy, soft cookie recipes and the flavor of Oreo cookies, then you won't be able to resist these delicious Oreo chocolate chip cookies that combine your two favorite treats in one bite.
I went with my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe perfectly flavored with brown sugar and a delicious nutty flavor and I added in some crushed Oreo cookie pieces.
And the combination is just to die for, the Oreo pieces in these classic chocolate chip cookies add so much flavor and extra crunchy texture.
This recipe is really simple to make at home and it will change you from the usual cookies, and I give you my advice to succeed and have cookies with a chewy and thick heart for more pleasure.
Add a few chocolate chips and crushed nuts for extra flavor and you have a perfect snack for kids and adults to enjoy.
>> See all the cookies and shortbread recipes from the blog
Ingredients and substitutions
Here is an overview of the ingredients you will need and possible substitutions to make these Oreo chocolate chip cookies at home, scroll down to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Butter: Preferably use unsalted butter, softened for a creamy mixture. You can heat it up slightly in the microwave if you don't have time to take it out in advance.
- Sugar: A mixture of white granulated sugar and flavored sugar such as light brown sugar, dark brown sugar, or simply cane sugar.
- Egg: Use one large egg at room temperature.
- Flour: Use white wheat flour like cake flour or even all-purpose flour also works.
- Cornstarch: Optional cornstarch or potato starch for softer cookies.
- Yeast: A mixture of baking powder and baking soda, which you can replace directly with 1 whole bag of baking powder.
- Vanilla and salt: Essential, pure liquid vanilla extract for flavour and fleur de sel (sea salt) to bring out all the flavors.
- Oreo: Crushed Oreo cookies that you can replace with other cookies such as biscoff cookies or others. (it also works with gluten-free oreos or double stuff oreos )
- Chocolate chips: Optional mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chunks or even milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chips.
- Nuts: Add crushed nuts for a crunchier texture, such as almonds, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans or walnut kernels.
⚠️ You will find the quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
How to make Oreo Cookies with chocolate chips
1 - Cream butter and sugars
- Place softened unsalted butter with powdered sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, blend the ingredients until creamy and smooth.
- Add the room-temperature egg and vanilla extract and mix again with an electric mixer for 1 minute to incorporate.
Tip: Use room temperature ingredients to get a smooth mixture, you can beat the butter by itself for a good minute to get a creamy butter.
2 - Dry ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch and sea salt.
- Mix gently with a spatula or a wooden spoon just enough to incorporate them and have a homogeneous mixture.
- Then finish with the crushed Oreos and mini chocolate chips and mix again to incorporate them.
Tip: For extra oreo flavor you can add a small quantity of oreo crumbs to the mix.
3 - Shaping
- Immediately form cookie dough balls using 2 tablespoons or ideally a large ice cream scoop.
- Place the cookie dough balls on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- And add extra chocolate chips and crushed Oreo cookies on top for decoration.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 1 hour or 15 minutes in the freezer to harden.
Tip: If you have trouble handling the cookie dough then cover it with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for 20 minutes before shaping the oreo chocolate chip cookies.
4 - Baking
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C and bake the chocolate chip oreo cookies for about 13-15 minutes until they are golden brown around the edges and a little soft in the center.
- Take the oreo cookies out of the oven and let them cool down a bit before moving them gently onto a cooling rack or into a large dish.
- And enjoy tout alone or on a plate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Trick: The cookies may become deformed during baking, the trick to giving them a nice round shape is to use a round cookie cutter (larger than the cookies) and twist it around the cookie as it comes out of the oven to round it out.
Conservation and tips
Room temperature: Oreo chocolate chip cookies can be stored at room temperature for 1 week in an airtight container box.
In the freezer: You can also freeze unbaked cookie dough balls for up to 3 months, right after shaping them or after baking when they are completely cooled.
More cookies recipes
- Salted Caramel Cookies
- Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- Vegan chocolate chip cookies
- Gluten free cookies
- S'more cookies
- M&M's cookies
- Healthy Breakfast cookies
- Edible Cookie dough
- Easter egg cookies
- Brownies cookies
- Brown butter sugar cookies
- Biscoff butter cookies
- Banana bread cookies
- White chocolate and cranberry cookies
- Peanut butter cookies
- Giant Cookies
More Oreo recipes
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print
Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 14 cookies
Oreo chocolate chip cookies recipe with a soft heart and crunchy edges full of crushed oreo cookies (for 13-14 cookies)
- 120 g (½ cup) Butter - unsalted and softened
- 50 g (½ cup) Powdered sugar
- 100 g (½ cup) Brown sugar
- 1 egg - large at room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 190 g ( 1 ½ cups) Flour - all-purpose
- 10 g ( 1 ½ tbsp) Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 2 pinches Sea salt
- 100 g (⅔ cup)Chocolate chips - optional
- 8 Crushed Oreo cookies + 4 for decoration
- In a large bowl, place the unsalted and softened butter with powdered sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat with an electric whisk for 2-3 minutes until creamy and smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat again to incorporate.
- Finish with the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch and sea salt.
- Mix with a wooden spoon or spatula just until incorporated and smooth.
- Then add the 8 crushed Oreo cookies and chocolate chips and mix just until incorporated.
- Using 2 tablespoons or a large ice cream scoop form 13-14 balls of cookie dough and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. (If the dough is too sticky, let it rest for 20 minutes in the fridge before shaping)
- Add small pieces of Oreo cookies to the top of the cookie dough balls.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for 1 hour or in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C and bake the oreo cookies for about 13-15 minutes until they are golden on the edges and still soft in the center.
- If needed, use a round cookie cutter (larger in diameter than the cookies) and twist it around the cookies to give them a nice round shape.
- Let the cookies cool a bit on the baking sheet before gently moving them to a cooling rack or plate.
- And enjoy!
Storage: 1 week at room temperature in a storage box and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- You can replace the baking soda by using only 1 packet of baking powder.
- Add nuts for extra crunch, almonds, hazelnuts, macadamia or walnuts
- Replace Oreo cookies with biscoff cookies or other cookies.
- Use well-softened butter
- Cookie dough should be firm before baking to avoid flat cookies.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cookies,
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oreo cookies, oreo chocolate chip cookies
Leave a Reply