Double treats in this Fudgy Oreo brownies recipe! A perfect homemade rich and fudgy brownie with crunchy Oreo cookies.
If you're already a brownie lover, you'll love this easy recipe, a combination of the chocolate flavor classic brownies with the crunch and creaminess of oreo cookies.
How to combine the fudgeiness of a classic chocolate brownies with the crunch and creamy of Oreo cookies! It's an super easy recipe, perfect for a family snack!
Perfect fudgy brownies
The classic brownies is a super tasty recipe with a super melt-in-your-mouth texture, yes with lots of super super!
But to achieve this wonderful fudgy texture that melts in your mouth, you must follow a few rules that I will reveal below in this article. And I'm sure it will help you succeed in all your homemade brownies recipes
Oreo brownies recipe
This cake is the combination of the perfect brownies recipe with super crunchy and creamy Oreo cookies and that bring a fabulous crunch to this cake !
The oreo cookies are perfect in desserts, like in this oreo cheesecake recipe. But the best part is that you can add all the cookies, like chocolate chip cookies or speculoos cookies.
Useful tools for this recipe
- Brownie pan, square 8 inch / 20 cm to get a good thickness of cake.
- Angled spatula, perfect for spreading the top of the brownies
- Kichten electronic scale, to weigh each ingredient.
- Cocoa powder, unsweetened it will bring a rich taste and an additional flavor to the brownie.
- Semi-sweet chocolate, in bars or chips, which you can replace with milk chocolate or white chocolate but as they are sweeter reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe.
- Sugar, you can use white granulated sugar but other sugars will also work.
- Cake flour, be sure to measure the amount of flour with a scale as this also determines the perfect texture of the brownie.
- Butter, unsalted and quality, it will be melted with the chocolate before being incorporated into the other ingredients.
- Eggs medium-sized eggs at room temperature to obtain a consistent batter.
- Oreo cookies, I use about 10 broken oreo cookies in the batter and 4 cookies for the top of the brownies.
- Salt, sea salt or other salt, it will bring out all the flavor of the ingredients and especially the chocolate
- Vanilla extract, it's optional but the addition of vanilla extract brings a delicious extra flavor
How to make the Oreo brownies recipe
- Preheat the oven to 356°F / 180°C and line a 8 inch / 20 cm square brownie pan, either with parchment paper or by greasing it with butter and flour.
- Melt the butter and chocolate, placing the chocolate pieces and the unsalted butter in a container and melt them in a bain-marie or in the microwave.
- Beat the eggs and sugar, place them in a bowl and whisk for 1 minute.
- Add the melted dark chocolate to the egg and sugar mixture and whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients, flour, cocoa powder and salt to the mixture and whisk until you have a smooth cake batter.
- Add crushed Oreo cookies, cut into small pieces and stir into brownie batter.
- Pour the brownies batter into the prepared square pan and bake in the oven at half height for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting into 12 equal sized pieces with a large knife.
How to store brownies
Store the brownie at room temperature in a cake box with a lid, they will stay fudgy for 1 week.
Or place them in freezer bags and you can keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tips for successful brownies
Line you pan
Use a square aluminum pan and line it with parchment paper to prevent the brownies from sticking to the bottom. It will be easier to remove from the pan.
Room temperature eggs
Use room temperature eggs to achieve the perfect brownies texture. You can run them under hot water before making this recipe.
Weigh the ingredients
The key to making a great fudge brownies is the right proportion of each ingredients. Use an electronic scale to weigh your ingredients, especially the flour, which can change the texture if there is too much or too little.
Do not over mix the batter.
After adding the flour to the mixture, mix gently just until it is incorporated. Over mixing the flour will make your dough too elastic.
Avoid overcooking your brownies
It is better to undercook it than overcook it, indeed it is partly because of the overcooking that your brownies will be too dry. Check the cooking with the blade of a knife. Your brownies should still be soft when they come out of the oven, they will harden as they cool (kind of like cookies) (overcooked it will be too dry).
Allow to cool completely
Like cookies, let your brownies cool completely before unmolding and cutting to prevent crumbling or breaking. You can place your brownies in the fridge for about an hour before cutting it with a large knife.
For an even more indulgent brownies
If this brownies recipe isn't decadent enough, then here's a suggestion of things to make them even more indulgent.
- Add a layer of Oreo cookies to the center of the brownies. For a crunchy layer in the heart of the brownies, pour half of the batter, then arrange the Oreo cookies and add the second half of the batter.
- Add chocolate chips to the mixture, the chocolate taste will be even richer by adding chocolate chips inside and on top of the brownies.
- More crunch with crushed nuts, add chunks of nuts for an even crunchier brownies like hazelnuts, macadamias or almonds.
- Add cream, serve the brownies warm or warm it in the microwave before serving it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or custard.
Others brownies recipes
- Chocolate marble brownies
- Classic fudgy brownies recipe
- White chocolate blondies
- Best homemade fudgy brownies recipe
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print