The best homemade fudgy brownies recipe! A decadent dessert that is super easy and quick to make, with an incredibly melt-in-your-mouth texture and rich chocolate.
Fancy a good brownies with a moist fudgy and rich flavoured chocolate ? This is the best fudgy brownies recipe, easy, quick and with a perfect texture and not too sweet.
The brownie is a very popular chocolate cake recipe in the United States. With a square shape, it is made of simple ingredients and has an incredibly melting texture and a very chocolatey taste.
A classic dessert that is very popular with children, made with simple ingredients, it is also an easy and very fast recipe to make for any occasions.
Homemade fudgy brownies
This recipe for brownies is definitely the best I've ever made. Absolutely not dry in the mouth, a moist, fudgy texture with a super chocolatey taste. Making homemade brownies is always the best choice, you can select quality ingredients, and especially measure the amount of sugar.
Why choose this recipe for brownies
- Easiest and quickiest ! This brownie requires only 10 minutes of preparation time, And no need for specific materials everything can be done in one bowl.
- Moist and super fudgy ! The dream texture for a brownie, super melting in the mouth and rich in chocolate
- Crunchy crust ! A crunchy crust that adds even more flavor in the mouth.
- Just the right amount of sugar ! Because industrial brownies and other recipes contain way too much sugar, this recipe is perfectly sweet.
Useful tools for this recipe
- Brownie pan, square 8 inch / 20 cm to get a good thickness of cake.
- Angled spatula, perfect for spreading the top of the brownies
- Kichten electronic scale, to weigh each ingredient.
- Cocoa powder, unsweetened it will bring a rich taste and an additional flavor to this brownies.
- Semi-sweet chocolate, in bark and at least 54% to have the taste of chocolate.
- Sugar, Use white granulated sugar preferably for this recipe.
- Cake flour, be sure to measure the amount of flour with a scale as this also determines the perfect texture of the brownie.
- Butter, unsalted and quality, it will be melted with the chocolate before being incorporated into the other ingredients.
- Eggs medium-sized eggs at room temperature to obtain a consistent batter.
- Salt, sea salt or other salt, it will bring out all the flavor of the ingredients and especially the chocolate
- Vanilla extract, it's optional but the addition of vanilla extract brings a delicious extra flavor
How to make the best homemade brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350° F / 180°C and line a 8 inch square brownie pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and chopped dark chocolate in a large bowl in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl with a whisk until the mixture whitens.
- Add melted chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients, purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder and pinch of salt into wet ingredients and gently whisk together.
- Add the chocolate chips to the brownie mix and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread the top with a spatula or the back of a tablespoon.
- Bake in the oven on medium-high for 20-25 minutes. Check for doneness after 20 minutes by dipping the tip of a knife into the center. The center should still be soft, it will harden as it cools.
- Let the brownies cool completely before removing from the baking pan and cutting into equal parts.
How to store brownies
Store your brownies at room temperature for up to a week, covered with a tea towel or place in a cake tin with a lid to keep them soft.
Or place it in freezer storage bags for up to 3 month and let it defrost at room temperature.
For an even more indulgent brownies
This is the basis of a perfect brownie, but you can add a few ingredients to make it tastier
- More crunch with crushed nuts, add chunks of nuts for an even crunchier brownies like hazelnuts, macadamias or almonds.
- Add cookie pieces. All the cookies you like, Oreo, speculoos cookies etc...
- Add cream, serve the brownies warm or warm it in the microwave before serving it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or custard.
- Add icing on top. You can't get more delicious than a brownie with a great chocolate or cream frosting, you can put for example a chocolate ganache and decorate with sprinkles
Tips for successful brownies
Line you cake pan
Use a square aluminum cake pan and line it with parchment paper to prevent the brownies from sticking to the bottom. It will be easier to remove from the pan.
Room temperature eggs
Use room temperature eggs to achieve the perfect brownies texture. You can run them under hot water before making this recipe.
Weigh the ingredients
The key to making a perfect fudge brownies is the right proportion of each ingredients. Use an kitchen scale to weigh your ingredients, especially the flour, which can change the texture if there is too much or too little.
Do not over mix the cake batter.
After adding the flour to the mixture, mix gently just until it is incorporated. Over mixing the flour will make your dough too elastic.
Avoid overcooking your brownies
It is better to undercook it than overcook it, indeed it is partly because of the overcooking that your brownies will be too dry. Check the cooking with the blade of a knife. Your brownies should still be soft when they come out of the oven, they will harden as they cool (kind of like cookies) (overcooked it will be too dry).
Allow to cool completely
Like cookies, let your brownies cool completely before unmolding and cutting to prevent crumbling or breaking. You can place your brownies in the fridge for about an hour before cutting it with a knife.
Other brownies recipes
Brownies recipe video
Don't forget to tag me @sweetlycakes on Instagram if you make my chocolate brownies recipe and add a link to my recipe if you share it on your blog 😉
- 120 g Butter
- 120 g Semi-sweet chocolate - bark
- 2 Eggs - room temperature
- 100 g Sugar - granulated sugar
- 90 g Flour
- 30 g Cocoa powder - unsweetened
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- 100 g Chocolate chips
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C and line a 8 inch / 20 cm square pan with parchment paper.
- Place the butter and semi-sweet chocolate cut into pieces in a bowl and melt in a double boiler or microwave.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla together until white (about 1-2 minutes).
- Then add the melted chocolate and butter mixture and mix again.
- Then add the dry ingredients, flour, cocoa powder, salt and finish by adding the dark chocolate chips.
- Mix to obtain a homogeneous preparation.
- Pour the mixture into your baking pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Line the pan with parchment paper to prevent the brownies from sticking and for perfect unmolding.
- Use room temperature ingredients.
- Do not over mix the mixture after adding the dry ingredients.
- Be careful not to overcook your brownies or they will be too dry in the mouth (dip the tip of a knife or toothpick into the center and it should come out clean with a few cake crumbs).
- Let your brownies cool completely before unmolding and cutting them.