This is the best chocolate chip brownies recipe I've ever made, with an incredibly rich chocolate flavor and incredible chewy and moist texture that makes it iresistible !
If you're craving a good, moist, chocolatey brownie ? Here's the best recipe for fudgy brownies that's easy, fast and with the perfect texture. Also, I'm sharing with you everything you need to know to make successful homemade brownies.
The brownie is a very popular chocolate cake recipe in the United States. With a square shape, it is made of simple ingredients and has an incredibly melting texture and a very chocolatey taste.
A classic dessert that is very popular with children, made with simple ingredients, it is also an easy and very fast recipe to make for any occasions.
Chocolate chip brownies
This recipe for brownies is definitely the best I've ever made. Absolutely not dry in the mouth, a moist, fudgy texture with a super chocolatey taste. Making homemade brownies is always the best choice, you can select quality ingredients, and especially measure the amount of sugar.
What we like more in this one is the addition of chocolate chips in the brownie in addition to the bittersweet chocolate which gives an even more chocolatey and tasty texture
Why choose this recipe for brownies
- Easiest and quickiest ! This chocolate chip brownie recipe calls for only 10 minutes of preparation time, And no need for specific materials everything can be done in one bowl.
- Moist and super fudgy ! The dream texture for a brownie, super melting in the mouth and rich in chocolate
- Crunchy crust ! A crunchy crust that adds even more flavor in the mouth.
- Just the right amount of sugar ! Because industrial brownies and other recipes contain way too much sugar, this recipe is perfectly sweet.
Useful tools for this recipe
- Brownie pan, square 8 inch / 20 cm to get a good thickness of cake.
- Angled spatula, perfect for spreading the top of the brownies
- Kichten electronic scale, to weigh each ingredient.
I use unsweetened cocoa powder to make this brownie recipe in combination with bittersweet chocolate bark and chocolate chips to have a more chocolatey result and a nice melting texture.
There are 3 sources of chocolate in this brownie, cocoa powder, bittersweet chocolate and also semi-sweet chocolate chips. The bittersweet chocolate is better than the semi-sweet because the latter contains more sugar. But you can use only the semi-sweet chocolate in this recipe.
For the sugar use a powdered sugar, it is better to use refined sugar in the brownie. But you can use unrefined like cane sugar. And for the quantity it is according to your palate and the chocolate that you used if it already contains a lot of sugar.
I use an all purpose wheat flour, you just have to weigh it with an electronic scale because the flour plays an important role in the brownie's texture. The more flour you have in your recipe, the more likely you are to get a soft texture like a chocolate cake.
The butter in this recipe contributes greatly to the moist texture of the brownie. Use a quality, unsalted butter with at least 80 percent butterfat.
Medium to large eggs, especially at room temperature, so that they blend well with the other ingredients and the dough is smooth.
I add cocoa powder and bittersweet chocolate chips to the brownies. This enhances the taste of the chocolate and gives an even more fondant and dense texture. You can try my homemade chocolate chip recipe, it is very easy and useful.
Use salt or sea salt which is a taste enhancer and brings out all the flavors and goes well with chocolate.
Adding pure vanilla extract to your sweet recipes is almost essential as it adds such a delicious flavor.
How to make the chocolate chip brownie recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350° F / 180°C and line a 8 inch square brownie pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and chopped dark chocolate in a large bowl in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl with a whisk until the mixture whitens.
- Add melted chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients, purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder and pinch of salt into wet ingredients and gently whisk together.
- Add the chocolate chips to the brownie mix and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread the top with a spatula or the back of a tablespoon.
- Bake in the oven on medium-high for 20-25 minutes. Check for doneness after 20 minutes by toothpick inserted. The center should still be soft, it will harden as it cools.
- Let the brownies cool completely before removing from the baking pan and cutting into squares.
How to store chocolate chip brownies
Store your brownies at room temperature for up to a week, covered with a tea towel or place in a cake tin with a lid to keep them soft.
Or place it in freezer storage bags for up to 3 month and let it defrost at room temperature.
For an even more indulgent brownies
This is the basis of a perfect brownie, but you can add a few ingredients to make it tastier
- More crunch with crushed nuts, add chunks of nuts for an even crunchier brownies like hazelnuts, macadamias or almonds.
- Add cookie pieces. All the cookies you like, Oreo, speculoos cookies etc...
- Add cream, serve the brownies warm or warm it in the microwave before serving it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or custard.
- Add icing on top. You can't get more delicious than a brownie with a great chocolate or cream frosting, you can put for example a chocolate ganache and decorate with sprinkles
Tips for successful brownies
Line you cake pan
Use a square aluminum cake pan and line it with parchment paper to prevent the brownies from sticking to the bottom. It will be easier to remove from the pan.
Room temperature eggs
Use room temperature eggs to achieve the perfect brownies texture. You can run them under hot water before making this recipe.
Weigh the ingredients
The key to making a perfect fudge brownies is the right proportion of each ingredients. Use an kitchen scale to weigh your ingredients, especially the flour, which can change the texture if there is too much or too little.
Do not over mix the cake batter.
After adding the flour to the mixture, mix gently just until it is incorporated. Over mixing the flour will make your dough too elastic.
Avoid overcooking your brownies
It is better to undercook it than overcook it, indeed it is partly because of the overcooking that your brownies will be too dry. Check the cooking with the blade of a knife. Your brownies should still be soft when they come out of the oven, they will harden as they cool (kind of like cookies) (overcooked it will be too dry).
Allow to cool completely
Like cookies, let your brownies cool completely before unmolding and cutting to prevent crumbling or breaking. You can place your brownies in the fridge for about an hour before cutting it with a knife.
Other brownies recipes
Chocolate chip brownies recipe video
Don't forget to tag me @sweetlycakes on Instagram if you make my chocolate chip brownies recipe and add a link to my recipe if you share it on your blog 😉
Chocolate chip brownies
- 120 g Butter
- 120 g bittersweet chocolate - bark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 Eggs - room temperature
- 100 g Sugar - granulated sugar
- 90 g Flour
- 30 g Cocoa powder - unsweetened
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- 100 g Chocolate chips
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C and line a 8 inch / 20 cm square pan with parchment paper.
- Place the butter and bittersweet chocolate cut into pieces in a bowl and melt in a double boiler or microwave.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla together until white (about 1-2 minutes).
- Then add the melted chocolate and butter mixture and mix again.
- Then add the dry ingredients, flour, cocoa powder, salt and finish by adding the chocolate chips.
- Mix to obtain a homogeneous preparation.
- Pour the mixture into your baking pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Line the pan with parchment paper to prevent the brownies from sticking and for perfect unmolding.
- Use room temperature ingredients.
- Do not over mix the mixture after adding the dry ingredients.
- Be careful not to overcook your brownies or they will be too dry in the mouth (dip the tip of a knife or toothpick into the center and it should come out clean with a few cake crumbs).
- Let your brownies cool completely before unmolding and cutting them.