How to make the best biscoff cookie butter brownies with this amazing, easy, and very indulgent recipe. These cookie butter-swirled chocolate brownies are very rich in chocolate with crunchy biscoff cookies chunks and a delicious butter cookie flavor.
Why you'll love this recipe
Warning to all chocolate brownies and Biscoff cookie lovers, I warn you that you will absolutely not be able to resist these ultimate fudgy biscoff brownies because of their incredible fudgy texture and its delicious cookie butter flavor.
This is clearly the perfect combination to enjoy these two favorite desserts, the ultra-rich chocolate fudgy brownies with lotus sandwich cookies and a swirl topping of cookie butter biscoff spread.
The flavor of biscoff cookies in this lotus biscoff brownies blends perfectly with the taste of the brownies made with semi-sweet chocolate and dutch cocoa powder, the best brownie with a strong chocolate flavor.
What flavor is biscoff?
Biscoff cookies and the biscoff cookie spread, usually from the Lotus brand, have such an incredible and addictive flavor that it's hard to identify since it's so unique.
It's a blend of flavored sugar and Speculoos spices that give it that incredible cookie butter taste that we love to add to all kinds of homemade recipes and desserts, like frostings, cheesecakes or even ice cream.
This cookie butter swirl brownie recipe is very easy to make at home and perfect for any occasion, a simple snack, a birthday or served on a plate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Ingredients and substitutions
*You will find the quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
- Butter: Preferably use unsalted butter. To use salted butter, remove the salt from the recipe.
- Chocolate: Use baking chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Eggs: Use room-temperature eggs, Take them out in advance or leave them in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes.
- Sugar: White granulated sugar, which can be substituted with flavored sugar such as brown sugar or brown cane sugar.
- Cocoa powder: Only unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Flour: Use white wheat flour type cake flour, which you can replace with all-purpose flour or another flour of your choice or a gluten-free flour mix.
- Salt and vanilla extract: Pure vanilla and salt are essential to bring out all the flavors.
- Biscoff: Use Lotu Biscoff cookies or other simple biscoff cookies with a biscoff cookie butter spread to make the biscoff cookie butter swirl on the top.
How to make Swirled Cookies Butter Brownies
Melt chocolate and butter
- Cut unsalted butter and dark chocolate into small pieces and place them in a heatproof bowl.
- Heat in a double boiler or microwave until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth without lumps.
- Let the chocolate and butter mixture cool slightly at room temperature while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
Whisk the eggs
- Place eggs, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes until the mixture is fluffy and glossy.
- Add the melted butter and dark chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and beat again to incorporate.
Add dry ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients, flour, unsweetened cocoa powder and salt.
- Mix with a spatula until the mixture is well blended.
- Then add the crushed Biscoff cookie and mix again with a spatula to have a homogeneous brownie batter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C and line a 8 inches / 20 cm x 20 cm square pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Pour in all the Biscoff brownie batter and smooth with an angled spatula.
- Add small dollops of biscoff spread with a teaspoon on the tho of the brownie batter and lightly swirl with the blade of a knife.
- Finish by adding a few pieces of Biscoff cookies on top.
- And bake for about 30-35 minutes until the top is baked through.
- Let the Biscoff brownies cool completely in the pan and then place in the fridge covered with plastic wrap for at least 1 hour before cutting into 16 equal pieces.
- Serve the chocolate Biscoff brownies with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
Room temperature: You can store your Biscoff brownies at room temperature in an airtight container for about 4-5 days. If you like to eat it a little warm and melting you can slightly reheat it in the microwave.
In the freezer: Once it's completely cooled down, cut it in slices and place them in conservation bags, keep them up to 3 months in the freezer.
Thawing: Thaw your brownie whole or in wedges at room temperature overnight, or use the thaw function on your microwave.
Tips for this recipe
- Use Quality Biscoff Spread: Choose a high-quality Biscoff spread or cookie butter for the best flavor. The better the spread, the richer the Biscoff flavor in your brownies.
- Mix Gently: When incorporating the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, mix gently and just until combined. Overmixing can result in tough brownies.
- Line the Pan: Line your baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides. This makes it easy to lift the brownies out of the pan for neat slicing.
- Cool Completely: Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting. This helps them set and develop a fudgy texture.
- Store Properly: Store leftover brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or two, or in the refrigerator for longer freshness.
- Biscoff and Chocolate Chip Brownies: Fold in chocolate chips along with Biscoff spread for extra chocolatey goodness.
- Biscoff Blondies: Skip the cocoa powder and make blondies with Biscoff spread as the star ingredient.
- Biscoff Cheesecake Brownies: Add a creamy layer of Biscoff-flavored cheesecake on top of your brownie batter before baking.
- Biscoff Brownie Bites: Bake the brownie batter in mini muffin tins for bite-sized Biscoff brownie treats.
- Biscoff Brownie Sundae: Serve warm Biscoff brownies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzle with extra Biscoff spread, and top with crushed Biscoff cookies.
- Biscoff Brownie Parfait: Layer crumbled Biscoff brownies with whipped cream and Biscoff spread in glasses for a delightful dessert parfait.
- Biscoff Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches: Sandwich a scoop of your favorite ice cream between two Biscoff brownie squares for an irresistible frozen treat.
- Biscoff Brownie Truffles: Crumble Biscoff brownies, mix with cream cheese, roll into balls, and dip in melted chocolate to make truffles.
- Biscoff Brownie Milkshake: Blend Biscoff brownies with vanilla ice cream and milk for a creamy and indulgent Biscoff Milkshake.
If you love Biscoff Recipes
Did you make this recipe?
Remember to drop a ⭐️ 5-star rating 🙏 and share your thoughts in the comments! Stay updated with more delicious recipes by following @sweetlycakes on Instagram. If you whip up this recipe, make sure to tag me – I'd love to see your creation!Print