How to make the chocolate peanut butter brownies recipe at home with an extra fudge texture, very rich in chocolate flavor, and with a runny and creamy peanut butter swirl on top that will satisfy all peanut butter lovers😋.
Why you'll love this recipe
Hello all chocolate brownie lovers, this peanut butter brownie recipe is to die for and you should try it soon, you won't be able to resist its ultra fudgy, very chocolatey texture and its creamy peanut butter swirl.
The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is so delicious that I wonder why I waited so long to make this recipe for chocolate peanut butter brownies.
Ready in only 30 minutes with baking included, this brownie recipe is very easy to make at home and also quick to enjoy any chocolate craving at any time of the day.
As in the peanut butter cup recipe, it is a crazy combination that delights the taste buds, this fudgy brownies is very chocolatey and the creamy peanut butter filling adds an incredible taste, it is an explosion of flavor in the mouth.
And don't forget to enjoy these fudgy chocolate brownies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you will have a delicious dessert.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Butter: use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt added and to have a good balance of flavors.
- Chocolate: Use good quality chocolate, the addition of baking chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips provides an even denser and fudgier texture.
- Eggs: use eggs at room temperature.
- Sugar: Use a mixture of white granulated sugar or powdered sugar and brown sugar to flavor the brownies.
- Vanilla and salt: To perfume and bring out all the flavors.
- Flour: All-purpose white wheat flour, or gluten-free flour such as rice flour. For a less fudgy, cakey texture, add 1 to 2 tablespoons more flour and a bit of baking powder or baking soda.
- Cocoa powder: Unsweetened cocoa powder enhances the flavor of the chocolate.
- Peanut butter: Use natural peanut butter creamy or with chunks to make the peanut butter swirl brownies. You can also use homemade peanut butter. (you can add peanut butter chips or peanut pieces for a double dose of peanuts)
You will find the quantities and instructions in the recipe card further down on this page.
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
1 - Melt the chocolate
- Cut the chocolate into pieces or chop it finely with a knife and place it in a medium bowl.
- Add the unsalted butter cut it into pieces.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler by placing the bowl on a saucepan containing a little water heated over medium heat until you have a liquid mixture without lumps.
Tip: You can also use a medium microwavable bowl and melt the chocolate in the microwave.
2 - Mix the wet ingredients
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- And beat with an electric mixer for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth and pale.
Tip: You can use an electric mixer or a hand whisk but you must mix well until the mixture is smooth.
3 - Add chocolate and dry ingredients
- Stir the melted butter and melted chocolate mixture into the large bowl containing the egg and sugar mixture.
- Then add the dry ingredients, flour and cocoa powder, salt and mix with a rubber spatula until smooth.
Tip: Do not overmix the mixture after adding the dry ingredients for a smooth texture.
4 - Add the peanut butter
- Pour the chocolate brownie batter into the prepared pan with parchment paper.
- Spoon dollops of peanut butter on top of the brownies.
- Use the tip of a sharp knife to swirl the mixture to spread it around.
5 - Baking
- Bake brownies in a preheated oven at 350°F / 180°C for about 19-22 minutes.
- Check the cooking by inserting a toothpick, it should come out with some crumbs and not a runny dough.
- Let brownies cool completely before unmolding and cutting them into equal parts with a sharp knife.
Tip: Be careful not to overcook the brownies or they will be too dry and lose is fudgy texture.
Storage and freeze instructions
Room temperature: You can store your Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies for up to 5 days at room temperature. Place in a storage box with an airtight container.
You can put them in the microwave to warm it up and soften it a bit.
In the freezer: Keep your peanut butter brownie recipe in the freezer for up to 3 months in storage bags or in a storage box.
Let it defrost out of the freezer or use the defrost function of your microwave to go faster.
More brownie recipes
- Fudgy chocolate Marbled brownies
- Chewy cosmic brownies
- Oreo brownies
- Chocolate chip blondies
- Brookies recipe
- Walnut brownies
- Biscoff Brownies
More peanut butter recipes
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print