This is the best easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies recipe ever with a soft and chewy texture! All the flavor of peanut butter in a perfect chocolate chip peanut butter cookie recipe that will satisfy all the peanut butter lovers.
For big, thick, soft chewy cookies follow my recipe (in video) to make these delicious chocolate chip cookies to enjoy with a good glass of milk!
Right now I'm in my soft and chewy cookie recipes mood and it's definitely the kind of recipe I like to make, so I want to try every possible combination!
I already have the best classic chocolate chip cookie recipe on my blog and of course, I used it to build this perfect recipe with peanut butter on it.
And how can I tell you, this recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies has been checked by my 4 children and especially by my husband and believe me, we have to do with very exigent cookie lovers 😅 !
Best Peanut Butter Chocolate chip cookies
These are the perfect combination of soft chocolate chip cookies with thick chewy middle and crunchy edges.
They are made with peanut butter and work with homemade natural peanut butter or store-bought ones and give it that irresistible delicious peanut butter flavor.
Not only are they delicious and easy to make, but they don't need to rest for a perfect batch of cookies! (although they'll taste even better if you let them chill in the fridge for a bit)
*This chewy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are made with my homemade peanut butter with no added sugars or fats and also homemade chocolate chips which are very easy to make and turned out great.
- Butter : Use unsalted butter that has been softened or melted and cooled.
- Peanut butter : Use creamy peanut butter or chunky peanut butter, whether homemade or store-bought.
- Sugar : A mixture of granulated sugar and brown sugar, you can replace the white granulated sugar and use only brown sugar.
- Egg : Use large egg room temperature eggs and if you are looking for a vegan version try this vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe instead.
- Flour : Use all-purpose flour and measure the quantities with an electronic scale rather than a measuring cup.
- Baking powder : A mixture of baking powder and baking soda is essential for perfect cookie texture! If you don't have baking soda you can use baking powder only.
- Vanilla : All sweet recipes need their little touch of vanilla extract! It adds a little delicate vanilla flavor.
- Sea salt : The pinches of sea salt added to this recipe are magical, bringing out all the flavors in these cookies and especially the chocolate.
- Chocolate chips : Use semi-sweet chocolate chips, in this recipe I used my homemade chocolate chips recipe that you can also make with milk chocolate.
Find the quantities and instructions in the recipe card below in this page
How to make chocolate chip peanut butter cookies
- Whisk together the softened butter, creamy peanut butter, white sugar and brown sugar in a bowl with a whisk for about 1 - 2 minutes until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk again until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients, flour baking powder and baking soda, cornstarch (optional) and sea salt and mix this time using a wooden spoon or a spatula until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mix again gently to incorporate them.
- Let the batter rest in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to 1 hour or if you are in a hurry go ahead and bake it right away.
Tip: Use a hand whisk, electric mixer or stand mixer for the first few steps of the recipe, but preferably use a spatula to incorporate the dry ingredients and chocolate chips to avoid over-mixing the cookie batter.
Do I have to chill peanut butter chocolate chip cookies before baking?
Yes and no! For these peanut butter cookies you don't need to let the dough chill in the fridge to get thick cookies because the cookies batter are firm enough.
So you can immediately bake them in the oven after shaping the balls if you find it easy to handle. But if you use melted butter in the preparation it might be a bit sticky and may need to rest in the fridge.
But you should also know that the benefits of letting the dough chill in the fridge really elevate the flavor of the cookies. They have more taste, they are even softer so if you have a little time leave them for even 20 minutes.
How to bake chocolate chip peanut butter cookie
- Form small balls of dough with a tablespoon or an ice cream scoop.
- Place the cookie dough balls on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, well spaced out as they will puff up during baking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for about 13-15 minutes, the baking time depending on the size of the cookies.
- Let the peanut butter chocolate chip cookie cool for a few minutes before moving them from the baking sheets, then let them cool on a wire rack.
Tip: Use an ice cream scoop to make even sized, round cookies and avoid overcompacting the cookies balls with your hands to keep the softness.
How to store peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies
At room temperature
These peanut butter cookies keep very well at room temperature, placed in a box with a tight-fitting lid, and remain soft for 1 week.
How to Freeze cookies dough
Here's a time-saving tip that will keep your peanut butter and cookie cravings satisfied at any time.
Cookies can easily be stored in the freezer and keep their freshness for up to 3 months. But you can do it before baking or after baking when they are well cooled and here is how:
My advice to keep your peanut butter cookies at their best is to freeze the dough raw. That is, before baking, after shaping your cookie dough balls, place them on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place them in the freezer for 10 minutes just until they firm up.
Then just place them in a storage bag and you can keep them in the freezer. And when you are ready to bake them, take them out of the freezer and place them back on the cookie sheet and let them come back to room temperature for about 1 hour before baking them.
Tip: Did you know that you can easily replace peanut butter with another nut butter like almond butter.
More chocolate chip cookie recipes
- Salted caramel chocolate chip cookies
- Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- S'more chocolate chip cookies
- Edible cookie dough recipe
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print