The best recipe for chocolate chip cookies! This recipe is easy, fast and foolproof with all my secrets to make them every time!
Best chocolate chip cookies
Because they are simply good! And that's what I call successful cookies, both in terms of taste and visual appeal.
And since we eat first with the eyes, the visual is the first thing that makes me want to make a recipe.
So I can't tell you how many times I've been disappointed to make a recipe for cookies that come out of the oven ugly. (everything flattened, dry, overcooked, tasteless, etc...)
But since I make this recipe... It's happiness at home!
My children and my husband love these cookies, so no more industrial cookies!
Why choose this cookies recipe
- They are tastier with a mellow heart.
- For chewy cookies, it's just the opposite of a flat cookie!
- With big pieces of chocolate that crunch under the tooth.
- It's a cookie recipe that's quick and easy to make!
So, are you ready to try this recipe and make your chocolate chip cookies a success every time?
-> Go below to discover my tips to make your cookies a success every time!
Ingredients and materials for chocolate chip cookies
For these soft cookies, you will need some materials and specific ingredients to make this recipe work.
- A baking tray
- Silpat silicone baking mat or baking paper
- A set of ice cream cookies spoons to measure out the quantity of dough and to have cookies of the same size.
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar
- Sea salt
How to make perfect cookies every time
First of all, there are a few important points to respect in order to succeed with chocolate chip cookies:
- First, find a good cookie recipe / The right ratio of ingredients will make a perfect cookie dough.
- Second, don't over-mix the dough, as this will cause it to be compacted / So absolutely avoid crushing the dough in your hands.
- And most important Let chill the cookies dough / For those in a hurry I tested with at least 2 hours in the chill and the result is still good.
Chill the chocolate chip cookies dough
For chewy cookies
As in the recipe the butter is very soft or even melted, if you cook them immediately, they will all be flat and ugly!
And moreover, it will be difficult to form them, because the dough will be too sticky. And like all cookie doughs, adding more flour is not a good idea.
For tastier cookies
Indeed, for the cookies, the longer the dough rests in the chill the better in taste they will be!
Nevertheless, I'm not talking about leaving them for 1 week, just one night.
Cookie dough is composed of dry ingredients for the most part.
So by letting your dough rest, it allows the flour to incorporate the liquid ingredients well. (including that delicious melted butter that will give it all its flavor).
In the end, the result will be even better! So be patient and think about preparing your cookie dough the day before 😉 .
How to make Perfect Chewy chocolate chip cookies
Here is how I proceeded to prepare my cookies, a process quite common to all cookie recipes.
Make the cookie dough
- To start, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Then, place the melted butter and sugars (brown sugar and white sugar) in a bowl, with the hand whisk, beat for about 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the egg and continue to mix with the whisk.
- Stir in the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda or baking powder and sea salt).
- And mix this time with a wooden spoon.
- Finish, incorporating the chocolate chips, or cut into pieces from a chocolate pastry bar.
- Then, mix with the wooden spoon or gently with your hands.
Chill the cookie dough
- Place your cookie dough in the fridge overnight or at least 2 hours.
Shaping and baking the cookies dough
- To form the pasta balls, use either a tablespoon (avoiding overcrowding the dough) or an ice cream cookies scoop.
- Place the cookie dough balls on a baking tray covered with baking paper or a silicone baking sheet. (Make sure to space them 5 cm apart, as they will swell).
- Finally, for baking, about fifteen minutes (between 15-17 min depending on the power of your oven and the diameter of the cookies).
They will still be soft and fragile when they come out of the oven, so do not touch them, let them cool completely on the baking tray outside the oven.
How to store cookies
Your cookies will stay chilled and still delicious for about 3 days at room temperature.
Then, after this time, it is best to either eat them quickly 😉 or store them in an airtight box or in the freezer.
Before thinking about storing your cookies, always make sure to wait until they are completely cold.
In an airtight box you can keep your cookies for several weeks and in the freezer you can keep them for several months.
More cookie recipes
Chocolate chip cookies
- 200 g Flour
- 100 g Sugar
- 50 g Brown sugar
- 120 g Butter - softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 pinch Sea salt
- 150 g Dark chocolate chip
- Place the melted butter and the 2 sugars in a large container and beat with a hand whisk for about 1-2 minutes, then add the egg and continue beating for another 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, salt and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Finish by adding the chocolate pieces and mix gently, just enough for the chocolate to cling to the dough.
- Leave the dough to rest for at least 2 hours in the fridge (ideally overnight).
- Preheat your oven to 356° F / 180°C and line a large baking tray.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and using a tablespoon or an ice cream scoop, form balls of dough and place them on the baking tray at about 5 cm intervals.
- Bake for about 15-17 min depending on the diameter of your cookies.
- Let your cookies cool down a bit before moving them and enjoy!