Cow to make S'mores cookies as chewy and soft as my favorite chocolate chip cookies recipe with a gooey marshmallow center.
This recipe is super easy to make at home for delicious cookies with mini marshmallows, crunchy graham crackers pieces and chocolate chunks.
Why you love this recipe
These delicious and irresistible S'mores cookies are simply the combination of a version of my chocolate chip cookies recipe with all the flavor of S'mores treats.
The ultimate cookie texture with crisp edges and a soft and chewy heart stuffed with gooey marshmallows and chocolate chunks, just the right way to get the flavor of a campfire at home.
- Easy recipe with this simple step-by-step recipe and my tips for making them.
- Thick cookies with a soft, chewy center and crunchy edges.
- Plenty of gooey marshmallows, big dark chocolate chunks and crunchy graham crackers.
>> See all cookie recipes from the blog
Ingredients for this recipe
Here is an overview of the ingredients needed and possible substitutions to make these cookies s mores at home, scroll down to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Butter: Use only unsalted butter which should be well softened, not melted butter, consider taking it out in advance or use the microwave to soften it a bit.
- Sugar: A mixture of white granulated powdered sugar and flavored sugar such as dark brown sugar or light brown sugar.
- Egg: large and at room temperature, if you didn't have time to take it out of the fridge then leave it for a few minutes in a bowl of hot water.
- Flour: Cake flour or possibly all-purpose flour.
- Yeast: a mixture of baking powder and baking soda.
- Vanilla and salt: Pure vanilla extract for fragrance and fleur de sel to bring out the flavors.
- Shortbread cookies: Preferably graham cracker pieces (no graham cracker crumbs) that you can substitute with other cookies, like Oreo cookies or biscoff cookies.
- Chocolate: chocolate chunks, you can use semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips.
- Marshmallow: If possible, use mini marshmallows, but if you don't have any, you can simply cut your large marshmallows into small pieces with scissors.
⚠️ You will find the quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
How to make Easy S’mores cookies recipe
Cream butter and sugar
- Mix the softened butter with the granulated sugar and brown sugar in a bowl for about 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix again for 1 minute to incorporate.
Add dry ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix gently with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Finish by adding the remaining ingredients, crushed graham crackers pieces, dark chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows.
Tip: Be careful not to overmix after adding the flour to keep it soft and chewy texture.
Shaping your cookies
- Form dough into balls and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 10 minutes before baking.
Tip: Use an ice cream scoop to form even balls of cookie batter.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C and put the cookies in the oven at half height for about 12 to 17 minutes depending on the diameter until they are golden brown around the edges.
- Let them cool a little on the baking sheet before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Tip: They are ready when they have a golden brown color but are still soft to the touch, they will firm up as they cool and keep their softness.
Tips for this recipe
Use ingredients at the right temperature: To have a delicious and homogeneous cookie batter, use ingredients at the same temperature.
Enclose the Marshmallow: Wrap the marshmallow chunks tightly inside the cookie dough ball to prevent them from melting and escaping during baking, you can also add marshmallow chunks to the top of the cookies just before they finish baking.
Be careful with the cooking: The cookies are ready when they are lightly browned on the edges but remain soft in the center, as they cool they will firm up.
Storage and Freeze instructions
Room temperature: Store S’mores cookies in an airtight container or away from moisture for about 1 week.
How to freeze? When they are completely cooled, place them in storage bags and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months, let them defrost at room temperature or use your microwave to go faster.
Raw Freezing: After shaping the cookie dough balls, place them in the freezer in storage bags. When you are ready to bake them, let them thaw for 1 hour at room temperature before following the baking instructions.
More cookies recipes
- Brownie cookies
- Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- Brown butter sugar cookies
- Giant chocolate chip cookie
- Oreo chocolate chip cookies
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies
Recipe for S'mores cookies with Chocolate Chip , graham crackers and Marshmallow (makes about 16 cookies)
- 120 g (½ cup) Butter - unsalted and softened
- 100 g (½ cup) Light brown sugar
- 50 g (¼ cup) Sugar - granulated
- 1 Egg - large at room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 220 g (1 ¾ cups) Flour - Cake flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 2 pinch Fleur de sel - sea salt
- Mini Marshmallows
- 5 Graham crackers sheets
- 150 g (1 cup) Chocolate chips - semi-sweet
- Mix together in a bowl the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- Place the softened butter in a large bowl with the light brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat with an electric whisk for 2-3 minutes until creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix for 1 more minute to incorporate.
- With a spatula or wooden spoon, add the flour mixture and mix just until smooth.
- Add the mini marshmallows pieces, chocolate chips, and graham crackers pieces and mix coarsely to incorporate.
- Using an ice cream scoop or your hands, form balls of dough and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (make sure the marshmallows are enclosed in the center and space each cookie at least 5 cm apart)
- Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes or 15 minutes in the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C and bake the S'mores cookies for about 12-17 minutes (depending on the diameter) until the cookies are golden brown but still soft to the touch, they will firm up as they cool.
- Let them cool down a bit before moving them, sprinkle them with a little sea salt, and enjoy.
Storage: in a box with a lid at room temperature for 1 week. Or in the freezer in a storage bag for up to 3 months
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cookies,
- Cuisine: american
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 13
- Sodium: 129
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 28
Keywords: marshmallow cookies, s'mores cookies, Smore cookies
Leave a Reply