S'more cookies are a great way to bring back the joys of campfire treats at home! They are soft and chewy, filled with melty toasted marshmallow and some graham crackers pieces and chocolate chips.
These delicious and irresistible S'mores cookies are simply the combination of a version of my best chocolate chip cookies recipe with all the flavor of S'mores treats.
The ultimate cookie texture with crisp edges and a soft and chewy heart stuffed with gooey marshmallow and chocolate chunks, just the right way to get the flavor of a campfire at home.
S'mores are one of America's favorite treats, like Reese's peanut butter cup. You can find them everywhere, in a brownies, in a layer cake and even in a cheesecake. This melty marshmallow gives an ultra greedy touch like in my chocolate and marshmallow cookies.
Ingredients to make these homemade cookies
You will need the usual ingredients like butter to use with a well softened and not melted texture, it is important for the texture of the batter. Also a mixture of white powdered sugar and light brown sugar or brown sugar to flavor the recipe.
But also a room temperature egg and vanilla, but also a dry mix, flour and for the softness of the cornstarch and baking soda that you can also replace by baking powder and without forgetting the little pinch of sea salt that brings out all the flavors.
For the S'mores version, you need to add some shortbread cookies of your choice such as graham cackers, chocolate chips or you can try my recipe for homemade chocolate chips and finally a few pieces of marshmallow.
Tip: for a butter-free and egg-free version you can follow my recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies.
Tip to make this recipe successful
Marshmallow melts very quickly when heated in the oven (it's sugar). The trick to keeping it inside is to place mini pieces of marshmallow well enclosed in the center of the batter so that it doesn't escape during baking.
Tip: You can add a few small pieces to the top of the cookies at the end of baking, they will just soften and melt in your mouth.
How to make S’mores cookies
- Mix the softened butter with the powdered sugar and brown sugar in a bowl for about 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix again for 1 minute.
- Add the dry ingredients, flour, cornstarch, baking soda and sea salt and mix gently with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Finish by adding the remaining ingredients, graham crackers pieces, chocolate chips and mini marshmallow.
Tip: Be careful not to overmix after adding the flour to keep it soft and chewy.
Shaping your cookies
- Form dough into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 10 minutes before baking.
Tip: Use an ice cream scoop to form even balls of cookies batter.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C and put the cookies in the oven at half height for about 12 to 17 minutes depending on the diameter.
- Let them cool a little on the baking sheet before moving them.
Tip: They are ready when they have a golden brown color but are still soft to the touch, they will firm up as they cool and keep their softness.
More recipes with candy
More cookies recipes
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print