How to make chocolate chip cookie dough truffles recipe. A chocolate covered cookie dough made from healthy ingredients oatmeal and almonds butter and no cookies dough without chocolate chips.
These little chocolate balls are perfect at any time of the day, after a training session, for the children's school snacks or if you are hungry during the day. And as they are made with natural and healthy ingredients they are to be enjoyed without guilt.
Are you looking for a healthy and tasty recipe for your children's snack or for your little hunger pangs during the day? Try the cookies dought chocolate truffles, a recipe that is easy to prepare and to take everywhere.
Cookies dough truffles
Recipe for chocolate truffles, these small gourmet bites very trendy at the moment and in healthy version. They are really easy to make and super tasty! You can make them for any occasion, for a snack, after a sport session or for your little cravings at any time of the day
If you like to eat cookie dough, you will love this recipe, even more so because it's safe to eat and made with healthy ingredients, it's easy to store because it is egg-free.
It is a healthy recipe, it does not contain wheat flour, or butter, only healthy ingredients and good for the health, it is a good reason to consume them without any guilt.
These truffles are made of oat flakes, almond meal, homemade almond butter, honey and homemade chocolate chips. And they are covered with a layer of chocolate coating and decorated with a touch of sea salt.
Why make these heatlhy cookies dough truffles
- Safe to eat because there is no egg
- Healthy ingredients to eat without guilt
- Easy and very fast to prepare
- Easy to take everywher
Ingredients and substitutions
This is the basic ingredient in this recipe, you can substitute oatmeal with other cereal flakes of your choice.
Gluten-free: Use gluten free oats if you are intolerant or allergic to gluten.
Almond meal add a delicious extra flavor to these truffles, you can substitute them with hazelnut meal or remove it from the recipe and simply add more oatmeal.
Almond butter serves as a binder in addition to bringing a delicious almond flavor to the truffles, you can replace it with homemade peanut butter or another homemade chocolate spread.
Since this is a healthy recipe, I chose to use a natural sugar and also liquid to get a good truffle texture. The best is honey to sweeten this recipe, which you can substitute with another liquid sugar of your choice.
Vegan: Use maple syrup instead of honey if you are following a vegan diet.
A must in this recipe, use homemade chocolate chips and the kids will love them even more.
Ideal in all sweet recipes, use a pure and liquid vanilla extract preferably.
A small pinch of sea salt is essential to bring out all the flavors, especially the chocolate and almond flavors.
How to make healthy cookies dough truffles
- Blend the oatmeal and almonds in a blender or food processor until finely ground and place in a large bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients, almond puree, honey, vanilla, salt and chocolate chips.
- Mix until you have a smooth, homogenous dough.
- Shape the dough into balls of about 20-25 g between the palms of your hands.
- Let the balls rest in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Melt the chopped chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave and place in a small deep bowl.
- Dip the balls completely into the melted chocolate and place on a cooling rack or on parchment paper.
- Allow chocolate truffles to cool completely to room temperature.
Decorate your truffles with a drip of chocolate, white or milk chocolate, or a pinch of sea salt, crushed nuts or seeds.
How to store truffles
They can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator for about 1 week, placed in a storage box with a tight-fitting lid.
You can also put them in the freezer and keep them for up to 3 months.
More truffles and balls
- Dark chocolate truffles
- Dark chocolate fudge
- No bake energy balls
- Peanut butter cups
- Oreo Fudge
- White chocolate truffles recipe
- Oreo truffles
- Coconut balls
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print
Chocolate chips cookies dough truffles recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 15 truffles
Recipe for chocolate truffles with oatmeal and almonds - For about 15 truffles)
- 120 g oatmeal
- 60 g honey (or maple syrup)
- 50 g almond powder (or hazelnut powder)
- 100 g almond puree (or peanut butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Fleur de sel
- 50 g chocolate chips
- 55 g pastry chocolate (semi-sweet or dark)
- Finely blend the oats with the almond powder in a blender or food processor until you have a fine powder.
- Place this powder mixture in a large container.
- Then add the remaining ingredients, almond puree, honey, vanilla and salt and blend until smooth.
- Form balls of about 20-25 g by rolling them between your hands and place them in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate, then dip one ball at a time, place each ball on parchment paper or a cooling rack and let them cool completely at room temperature.
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel, or crushed hazelnuts.
- Substitute another liquid sugar for the honey
- Use peanut butter or another spread instead of almond puree
- For vegans, use maple syrup instead of honey
- Gluten free, choose gluten free cereal flakes
- Replace powdered almonds with hazelnut powder, or remove the and use more oat flakes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: cakes, Dessert, snack
- Cuisine: american
- Calories: 97
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 2
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
Keywords: chocolate truffles, cookies dought truffles, truffles
Looks like a great recipe, but one suggestion. How about making these measurements in U.S. amounts? (lbs.,ozs.,tsps.etc.). Id be more inclned to make this recipe if it were.
Hello Annette, thank you for your message, I will update all my recipes including this one in US cups and amounts very quickly.