Homemade chocolate spread, a healthy recipe, made with hazelnut butter, is gluten free, vegan and to be eaten without moderation!
This recipe is simple and so delicious, to spread on your toast, waffles and brioches for breakfast or snack or to use to pastry cakes.
How would you like to make your own healthy homemade chocolate spread to change industrial products that are often overloaded with saturated fats and refined sugars?
To finally be able to spread generously your waffles and buns without going through the "depression" and "regrets" box!
Then start making your own ! Light and healthy homemade chocolate and hazelnut paste. And I explain in this article how to prepare it yourself!
A homemade chocolate spread
We all know the famous Nutella spread, with its secret composition, which nobody can resist! That's why I avoid as much as possible to pass in this section of the supermarket!
Even if we see more and more healthy paste without palm oil in the health food section but which will cost you an arm or two !
It then becomes urgent to start making an alternative healthy but tasty recipe for homemade chocolate spreads.
Why choose this heatlhy chocolate spread
- It is delicious! The good taste of chocolate and hazelnut paste
- It's easy to do!
- Nutritional value! With quality ingredients.
- Low in unrefined sugar!
But it is also a gluten-free recipe, which is suitable for vegans !
Useful tools to make this recipe
- Powerful food processor, to mix finely and have the least amount of grains and smooth texture, it is also possible to make this recipe with a blender.
- An oven, to roast the hazelnuts to make the homemade hazelnut purée.
- A spatula, to mix the ingredients together.
- A glass jar, with a lid for a long conservation.
- Hazelnut butter, or hazelnut puree, homemade or bought in the health food section, essential for the texture and the good taste of hazelnut.
- Dark chocolate, quality at leas 70% cocoa butter, you can also use the semi-sweet chocolate or if you prefer to use milk chocolate.
- Unrefined whole sugar, coconut sugar, or another whole sugar.
- Hazelnut oil, for a more fluid, less pasty texture and to flavor the dough.
How to make homemade spread
- Make the hazelnut purée, roast the whole hazelnuts in the oven with the skin. Leave to cool, then blend in a food processor or blender in 2 minute slices until a thick, smooth hazelnut paste is obtained.
- Melt the dark chocolate, place your chopped chocolate in a container and melt it in a bain-marie or microwave.
- Mix all the ingredients, place the hazelnut purée, melted chocolate, sugar and hazelnut oil together in a container. And mix until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous spread.
- Finish by pouring the mixture into a jar with a lid.
How to store the chocolate hazelnut spread
It keeps for a very long time at room temperature in a glass jar with a lid, you can also put it in the fridge or keep it in the freezer.
How to make a successful chocolate spread
- Roast the hazelnuts, key step to have the good taste of hazelnut.
- Mix the hazelnuts as finely as possible to have a super smooth paste.
- Use quality chocolate, such as Vahrona or Ghirardelli.
- The small pinch of salt brings out all the flavors.
Other healthy recipes with chocolate
Don't forget to tag me @sweetlycakes on Instagram if you make my Homemade chocolate spread healthy recipe and to add a link to my recipe if you share it on your blog 😉
Homemade chocolate spread recipe
- 150 g hazelnut - or hazelnut butter
- 15 g coconut sugar
- 60 g dark chocolate 70%
- 40 ml Hazelnut oil
- Preheat the oven to 302°F / 150°C and place the whole hazelnuts with the skin on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Put the hazelnuts in the oven to roast them for about 10 minutes.
- Let the hazelnuts cool for a few minutes and rub them between your hands or in a cloth to remove the skin.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt it in a bain marie or in the microwave.
- Place the hazelnuts in your blender and blend for 5-7 minutes (in 2 minute slices to avoid overheating) until you obtain a thick hazelnut paste.(you can also use directly hazelnut butter).
- In a bowl, pour the melted chocolate, hazelnut butter, coconut sugar, salt and finish by adding the hazelnut oil.
- Mix until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous paste.
- Keep your spread in a jar with a lid.