These Oreo cream cheese balls are very great to make on any occasion, like a birthday, a party or to give as Christmas gifts.
Why you love this recipe
Oreo cookies are perfect in all sweet recipes like this no-bake oreo cheesecake or this baked cookies and cream cheesecake, in this oreo brownies, these oreo chocolate chip cookies or this oreo milkshake.
And in this version of no bake Oreo cake balls, we find all the flavor of Oreo cookies in little greedy cake balls with a hard chocolate covering and made with only 2 ingredients, Oreo cookies and cream cheese.
It is certainly one of the easiest recipes to make an Oreo balls recipe, just mix crushed Oreos finely in a food processor and add cream cheese, then rolled into Oreo balls and coat them with chocolate chips or white chocolate chips.
Add lollipop sticks and you have a great cake pops recipe, or just decorate them in a holiday theme to make Christmas Oreo Snowballs that kids love and they are also perfect to offer for holidays, birthdays, baby showers or Valentine's Day.
More Oreo desserts
Ingredients and substitutions
Here are the ingredients and possible substitutions to make these delicious oreo truffles at home, scroll down the page to see the quantities in the recipe card.
Oreo balls :
- Oreo cookie: Use regular Oreo cookies instead of double Stuf Oreos cookies, you can replace them with golden Oreos or mint Oreos.
- Frosting: We usually use full-fat cream cheese softened (Philadelphia brand) but you can easily replace it with mascarpone cheese, lotus biscoff spread or Nutella spread.
- Chocolate: Use dark chocolate or just semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips (or vanilla almond bark) or milk chocolate chips, you can also use candy melts or chocolate wafers like Ghirardelli melting wafers.
- Decoration: With melted chocolate using a piping bag or a parchment paper cone, or simply Oreo cookie crumbs, chocolate sprinkles, chopped nuts, crushed candy canes, etc.
⚠️ You will find the quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
How to make Oreo Cream Cheese balls
- Place Oreo cookies in a food processor and blend until you have very fine Oreo crumbs.
The more finely the cookies are blended, the more you can make nice round and smooth Oreo cookie balls.
Tip: You can also use a plastic bag and a rolling pin to finely crush the cookies into fine crumbs.
- Place the cookie crumbs in a medium bowl and add the cream cheese frosting.
- Mix with a tablespoon until you have a compact and sticky mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rest in the fridge for a while to make it easier to shape the balls.
Tip: If the batter seems too soft and sticky then add more cookies and if you have trouble picking up the batter then add more frosting.
- Scoop out some Oreo balls batter and form dough balls between your hands.
- Roll the Oreo balls until they are round and smooth.
- Place them in the freezer while preparing the melted chocolate for the coating.
Tip Use a small ice cream scoop to get the same size Oreo balls.
- Melt semisweet chocolate or white chocolate in a bowl in a double boiler or in the microwave until completely melted.
- Then place it in a small deep bowl.
- Remove balls from the freezer and dip Oreo balls one by one into the melted chocolate.
- Shake off the excess chocolate drip and place truffles on a prepared baking sheet with parchment paper or until the chocolate hardens.
- Decorate the top of the Oreo balls with melted white or dark chocolate or crushed Oreo.
Tip: Using homemade chocolate tools or a toothpick, prick the frozen Oreo ball to dip it more easily into the melted chocolate. You can add a fat to obtain smooth melted chocolate, such as coconut oil or mycryo (cocoa butter)
Storage and tips
At room temperature: Store Oreo balls for up to two weeks, placed in an airtight container box with a tight-fitting lid or in a glass jar.
How to freeze oreo balls: You can also keep them for up to 3 months in the freezer, and let them slowly come back to room temperature.
Vegan Oreo balls: Simply replace the cream cheese with vegan cream cheese or another vegan frosting and vegan chocolate.
Peanut butter Oreos: Replace the cream cheese with peanut butter spread or almond butter.
More truffles and balls
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print