How to make yummy and easy oreo truffles recipe covered with a delicious chocolate shell. This recipe is very easy to make and these oreo balls are great for any occasion, a birthday, a party or to give as Christmas gifts.
If you like Oreo cookies and chocolate truffles then you won't be able to resist these little treats made with only 2 ingredients and covered with a delicious and crunchy chocolate shell.
To make Oreo truffles you only need Oreo cookies and frosting like cream cheese, buttercream, or even a chocolate spread like Nutella or lotus spread.
Certainly one of the easiest recipes to make, the oreo cookies are finely blended in a food processor and add cream cheese, then rolled into balls and coated with dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips.
Add lollipop sticks and you have great oreo cake pops, or just decorate them in a holiday theme to make Christmas oreo truffles.
This oreo truffle recipe is delicious and creamy with the great taste of oreo cookies, kids love them and they are perfect to offer for holidays, birthdays, baby showers or Valentine's Day.
>> See all candy, chocolate and truffle recipes
Ingredients and substitutions
Oreo balls batter:
- Oreo cookie: Use single Oreo cookies instead of double Stuf oreos cookies, you can replace them with lotus biscoff cookies or other cookies.
- Frosting: We usually use full fat cream cheese softened (Philadelphia brand) but you can easily replace it with mascarpone cheese, lotus biscoff spread or Nutella spread.
- Chocolate: Use dark bittersweet chocolate, white chocolate or milk chocolate chips, you can also use candy melt chips that are used to make cake pops.
- Decoration: with melted chocolate using a piping bag or a parchment paper cone, or simply Oreo cookie crumbs, chocolate sprinkles, chopped nuts, crushed candy canes, etc.
⚠️ You will find the quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
How to make oreo balls truffles
1 - Crush Oreos
Place Oreo cookies in a food processor and blend until you have very fine oreo crumbs.
The more finely the cookies are blended, the more you can make nice round and smooth oreo truffle balls.
Tip: You can also use a plastic bag and a rolling pin to finely crush the cookies into fine crumbs.
2 - Add frosting
- Place the cookie crumbs in a medium bowl and add the cream cheese frosting.
- Mix with a tablespoon until you have a compact and sticky mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rest in the fridge for a while to make it easier to shape the balls.
Tip: If the batter seems too soft and sticky then add more cookies and if you have trouble picking up the batter then add more frosting.
3 - Rolling truffles
- Scoop out some oreo balls batter and form dough balls between your hands.
- Roll the balls until they are round and smooth.
- Place them in the freezer while preparing the melted chocolate for the coating.
Tip Use a small ice cream scoop to get the same size Oreo truffles.
4 - Chocolate coating
- Melt semisweet chocolate or white chocolate in a bowl in a double boiler or in the microwave until completely melted.
- Then place it in a small deep bowl.
- Remove the oreo truffles from the freezer and dip them one by one into the melted chocolate.
- Shake off the excess chocolate drip and place truffles on a prepared baking sheet with parchment paper until the chocolate hardens.
- Decorate the top of the oreo truffles with a chocolate drip or other decorations.
Tip: Using homemade chocolate tools or a toothpick, prick the frozen oreo truffle to dip it more easily into the melted chocolate.
At room temperature: Oreo truffles will keep for up to two weeks, placed in an airtight container box with a tight-fitting lid or in a glass jar.
In the freezer: You can also keep them for up to 3 months in the freezer, and let them slowly come back to room temperature.
More chocolate truffle recipes
- Healthy oatmeal cookies dough truffles
- White chocolate truffles
- Coconut truffles
- Chocolate fudge
- Peanut butter cups
- Hot chocolate bomb
- Coconut balls
More Oreo recipes
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print
Oreo Truffles balls
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 oreo balls
How to make oreo balls with only 2 ingredients: oreo and fresh cheese and covered with meleted chocolate (for about 12 oreo truffles)
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 113 g (4 oz) Cream cheese - softened
- 150 g (7 oz) Baking chocolate chips
- Finely crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor to get fine crumbs.
- Add cream cheese and mix with a tablespoon until you have a compact mixture.
- Form dough balls with the mixture and roll them between your hands until they are well-rounded and smooth.
- Place in the freezer while preparing the chocolate coating.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave until it is well melted and runny.
- Place the melted chocolate in a deep bowl.
- Remove the oreo truffles from the freezer and dip them into the bowl of melted chocolate, you can use a toothpick to stick into the frozen oreo ball to make it easier to coat with melted chocolate.
- Shake off excess chocolate, then place the oreo ball on a sheet of baking paper.
- Gently twist the toothpick and carefully remove from the Oreo truffle.
- Let chocolate cool completely and harden then add decorations on top, Oreo cookie crumbs or chocolate drip with a pastry cone and remaining melted chocolate.
Storage: Up to 2 weeks at room temperature in a storage box and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Truffles, chocolate
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oreo balls, oreo trufles, oreo balls truffles, oreo truffles balls, oreo balls with cream cheese
Leave a Reply